OBS MAC / THETA Z1 Live on facebook 360°

Eljeffou

Hello, I am using OBS version with mac Sierra 10.12.6. I have a 360 Theta Z1 camera. I manage to broadcast live on a Facebook page but I broadcast a live video in panorama which also displays faulty connections of the 2 lenses (I am attaching a screenshot). I am looking to broadcast an interactive 360° video in which people can see in front or behind, as they wish, to possibly be expolitable with a Quest 2 helmet from the Facebook lite application or via a browser. No matter how hard I look, I don't see how to do it. Do any of you have a solution? Or it can't work with Facebook? but it would be surprising since the 360 photos are well converted... With Youtube I haven't tested because there is a 24 hour delay to receive a streaming link and I don't know if you can choose a Test broadcast like on Facebook.. Thank you for your help.

2022-12-08 à 15.39.38.jpg

biviel

hi @Eljeffou , I think you picked the best quality handheld, lightweight 360 camera for live streaming 360 video. Unfortunately Facebook doesn't support 360 live anymore, it was working fine a few months back, then they stopped supporting.
Toward YouTube it works great, I'm a Ricoh Theta Community Developer and I built a plugin, camera software that can be used for free to live stream easily to any server or platform, without any additional equipment, just by using WiFi connection (or a mobile device hotspot with a proper high bandwidth speed). You may consider to look or join FB group of this plugin: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theta.live.streaming and the plugin URL to download and install to your Z' is here:

My plugin is superior compared to wired live streaming, because I was able to make Theta Z1 live stream in HDR mode, which provides much higher quality video, especially when it's dark...

Interactivity, well when you use these platforms, you will have around 25 second latency, which will make interactivity a bit slow. In YouTube you have to set latency option to Normal, so that you could stream 4k resolution. If you set latency to low, will get a 2k only, which is bad. :(
I'm also building a platform, where anyone will be able to live stream 360, with 1-2 seconds latency AND it will provide interactivity for sure, even by audio, like a real meeting, connection from any device with a network connection. Feel free to reach out to me on that Facebook group if have any questions.
Regards,
Laszlo

Eljeffou

hi @Eljeffou , I think you picked the best quality handheld, lightweight 360 camera for live streaming 360 video. Unfortunately Facebook doesn't support 360 live anymore, it was working fine a few months back, then they stopped supporting.
Toward YouTube it works great, I'm a Ricoh Theta Community Developer and I built a plugin, camera software that can be used for free to live stream easily to any server or platform, without any additional equipment, just by using WiFi connection (or a mobile device hotspot with a proper high bandwidth speed). You may consider to look or join FB group of this plugin: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theta.live.streaming and the plugin URL to download and install to your Z' is here:

My plugin is superior compared to wired live streaming, because I was able to make Theta Z1 live stream in HDR mode, which provides much higher quality video, especially when it's dark...

Interactivity, well when you use these platforms, you will have around 25 second latency, which will make interactivity a bit slow. In YouTube you have to set latency option to Normal, so that you could stream 4k resolution. If you set latency to low, will get a 2k only, which is bad. :(
I'm also building a platform, where anyone will be able to live stream 360, with 1-2 seconds latency AND it will provide interactivity for sure, even by audio, like a real meeting, connection from any device with a network connection. Feel free to reach out to me on that Facebook group if have any questions.
Regards,
Laszlo

Merci c'est exactement ce que je cherche, très intéressant, je vais tester, beau travail ! J'ai aussi une autre question. J'utilise la Theta Z avec un casque virtuel oculus Quest 2. La lecture des vidéos en 360 n'est pas excelente. Le sens de lecture peut se regler même si ce n'est pas pratique d'avoir à le convertir dans l'application et il y a un problème d'chelle.. on à l'impression d'être une mouche dans le paysage. Certaines vidéos 360 rendent bien l'échelle, et parfois quand on produit à 180°, c'est même mieux. Vous qui développez des plugin, auriez-vous regardé cette façn de diffuser ? Je ne parle pas de direct là ni d'utiliser une plateforme comme youtube, mais juste du transfert de fichier Theta Z vers occulus Quest2. Merci pour votre expertise et joyeuses fêtes :)

That I'm looking for, very interesting, I'm going to test, nice work! I also have another question. I use the Theta Z with an oculus Quest 2 virtual headset. Playback of 360 videos is not excellent. The reading direction can be adjusted even if it is not practical to have to convert it in the application and there is a problem of scale.. it feels like a fly in the landscape. Some 360 videos scale well, and sometimes when you're producing at 180 it's even better. You who develop plugins, would you have looked at this way of broadcasting? I'm not talking about direct there or using a platform like youtube, but just the Theta Z file transfer to occulus Quest2. Thank you for your expertise and happy holidays :)