OBS Kinect (with faux green screen)

OBS Kinect (with faux green screen) 2022-03-12

Yeonggille

Hello, Nice to meet you. First, I am really appreciate for your efforts on the hard work.
Anyway, I want to contribute to translate this plugin onto korean, but I don't understand how to pull the request on github, and Have 0 knowledge on Programming stuff, so I write the comment down on here. How can i help you to translate this plugin onto korean?

SirLynix

Anyway, I want to contribute to translate this plugin onto korean, but I don't understand how to pull the request on github, and Have 0 knowledge on Programming stuff, so I write the comment down on here. How can i help you to translate this plugin onto korean?

Well basically all you have to do is to grab the latest en-US.ini file from the repository, translate it to Korean and save it to ko_KR.ini (please make sure to save the file with UTF-8 encoding)
Normally you'd have to fork the repository, clone it on your computer, make a git branch, create ko_KR.ini in the locale folder, commit it to your repository, publish your branch and create a pull request from your branch to the repository one.

But yeah, You could also just open an issue and submit the file, or even send it here!

SirLynix

Hi Trogenda, don't worry as this is my next task, now that all Kinect models color settings can be controlled (yes even KinectV2)!

thesonu

I just had an idea...

Is this something you can already do on the current release of the plugin and with Kinect v2, or is that for the next release? I would love to be able to blur my background rather than remove it altogether. Thanks a lot for the great work!

SirLynix

Is this something you can already do on the current release of the plugin and with Kinect v2, or is that for the next release? I would love to be able to blur my background rather than remove it altogether. Thanks a lot for the great work!
Sorry for answering late. You can do this with the nightly version of the plugin (you can find it at the end of this issue).

Also, about Linux and macOS support, I've began working on it (and had my first results).

SirLynix

SirLynix updated OBS Kinect (with faux green screen) with a new update entry:

1.0-RC1 (Release candidate)

OBS-Studio last update seems to have broken the previous version of this plugin, so here's a quick update that fixes this, and adds a lot of features as well:
  • obs-kinect now supports all Kinect versions, including Azure
  • There's a preliminary support for Linux (see #9)
  • You can now blur or replace your background instead of removing it
  • You can now control camera settings on every Kinect model on Windows...

Read the rest of this update entry...

jagster79

running into a issue of OBS crashing every time I try to add the Kinect source I have included the crash report

Attachments

• Crash 2022-04-03 13-36-44.txt
    150 KB · Views: 35

SirLynix

running into a issue of OBS crashing every time I try to add the Kinect source I have included the crash report
It looks like your graphics driver crashes when compiling the shaders, what is your GPU? Could you try to update your drivers?

jagster79

I actually fixed this issue myself yesterday I didn't install the Kinect plugin properly so yeah... its working fine now lol I stupidly only copied the contents of the plugins folder not all 3 folders and thats what caused the issue doh lol

ChoboJAWZ

Hello,

I cant seem to figure out my issues with the Kinect Plugin. The Camera seems to function as intended, but as soon as you select the Faux Green Screen effects like blur or replace background. It immediately stops and the cursor spins then OBS crashes. Am I missing a download? Should I also have downloaded the Kinect Developer kit? This is a V2 Kinect. Other than that this plugin is awesome

SirLynix

Hello,

I cant seem to figure out my issues with the Kinect Plugin. The Camera seems to function as intended, but as soon as you select the Faux Green Screen effects like blur or replace background. It immediately stops and the cursor spins then OBS crashes. Am I missing a download? Should I also have downloaded the Kinect Developer kit? This is a V2 Kinect. Other than that this plugin is awesome

Hi, could you send me your obs crashlogs?
Are you able to show the Kinect depth and infrared streams without crash?

AaronWigwam

Hello,

I am having some issues that seem to have cropped up after the last update. (prior to this it had been working flawlessly for months) My Kinect camera is constantly freezing after about 10 seconds and then reloading after an additional 10 seconds. It just repeats this loop endlessly. Within my OBS logs I am getting this message:

"[obs-kinect] [sdk20] Failed to acquire depth frame"

I have updated to your most recent release but this did not seem to fix the issue.

My device is set to shut down when not visible, Kinect stream is color, Faux Green Screen is enabled, and filter type is Depth.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

AaronWigwam

I just wanted to follow-up for anyone else who might run into this issue and say I did fix it.

I determined it was not a plug-in issue. It just coincidentally popped up at the same time as my last OBS update, but was ultimately unrelated.

Turns out it was Kinect/PC issue. In my audio settings on my PC I went to Sound control panel and had to re-enable the Kinect Mic under the recording tab. Somehow it had become disabled. This instantly fixed my issues.

DonSenilo

Hello

The plugin works perfectly with my Kinect v2 but I miss the "Stickfigure"-Function.
Isn't that implemented or do I overlook it ?

SirLynix

Hello

The plugin works perfectly with my Kinect v2 but I miss the "Stickfigure"-Function.
Isn't that implemented or do I overlook it ?
Hi, sorry for the late reply.

There's no stick figure feature in obs-kinect unfortunately, however that's something you can ask for on the GitHub repository (be sure to describe what it is, since the Kinect itself doesn't have that feature).

Caridii

Hello!
Thanks for the awesome plugin, I love it!
I just have a little problem. When I lauch OBS and switch to a scene using the Kinect, it doesn't turn on, I have to refresh the device list in the source options. It's manageable but the other issue is that the Kinect freezes if another video capture source is present in the scene and I also have to refresh it for it to run again.
I'm using a Kinect V2 and OBS 28 on Windows 10, I encounter the same issues on OBS 27. The option to disconnect the kinect when not visible is not ticked and no greenscreen option activated.

bcoyle

Well basically all you have to do is to grab the latest en-US.ini file from the repository, translate it to Korean and save it to ko_KR.ini (please make sure to save the file with UTF-8 encoding)
Normally you'd have to fork the repository, clone it on your computer, make a git branch, create ko_KR.ini in the locale folder, commit it to your repository, publish your branch and create a pull request from your branch to the repository one.

But yeah, You could also just open an issue and submit the file, or even send it here!
Hi,I 'm doing a 24/7 broadcast app and adding locale to it. For people that want to help with locale for plugins', the question is: are you adding to the main obs ko.KR file or is this just a ini for the plugin. I see pak files in the plugin local section, so i was wondering main obs ini or separate plugin ini file. Also, you mentioned , ko_KR which is ko for koria directly, but i also see ko.pak, any chance, you can enlighten me. Thanks

Bauhaus92

Just registered today to thanks @

SirLynix

Great plugin !!
Work perfectly with Kinect360 / SDK 1.8/ VisualStudio / Windows11 / OBS 29.1.3
I'm using a videoProjector > you can also isolate a sihlouette in order to light it only ( dancer), just by changing blend mode
Perfect