OBS Kinect (with faux green screen)

OBS Kinect (with faux green screen) 2022-03-12

SirLynix

Hey, this is a fantastic plugin. Huge props for adding Kinect v1 support as well. It was working fine for weeks with my 360 Kinect until recently I get an error " [obs-kinect] failed to initialize Kinect: The hub and motor are connected, but the camera is not " even though nothing else is utilizing the camera. Any ideas what would cause this?
Thank you!

Have you tried to move it to another USB port?

Funkcorner

Great plugin, really good work!
Was having trouble with frame render times with v0.2, but just tried v0.3 and they're way better, like 10x faster rendering than before. Please keep up the dev effort, it's much appreciated.

SirLynix

Thanks Funcorner!

This plugins has come to Microsoft ears, and they're willing to support its development, look what I received today:
EkcRDnyWMAEKGBV

That's right, obs-kinect will support Azure Kinect (v3) soon!
Oh and that also means I will resume work on the plugin, I've been really busy those last months.

alexwhit92

Just found this awesome app. The instructions say to copy files to OBS folder. Is this just the main directory of OBS inside of Program Files? If so, I'm running into trouble. Kinect V1 is functional in Windows, but not appearing as a source in OBS.

alexwhit92

Just found this awesome app. The instructions say to copy files to OBS folder. Is this just the main directory of OBS inside of Program Files? If so, I'm running into trouble. Kinect V1 is functional in Windows, but not appearing as a source in OBS.
To add to this, Kinect SDK is working properly.

alexwhit92

Thanks Funcorner!

This plugins has come to Microsoft ears, and they're willing to support its development, look what I received today:
EkcRDnyWMAEKGBV

Oh and that also means I will resume work on the plugin, I've been really busy those last months.
WAIT THIS IS LIIIIT DUDE THAT'S WHAT'S UP!

alexwhit92

You installed the 0.2 which doesn't support Kinect for 360. Please download the 0.3 RC2 from github releases
Do you have a patreon for this project? Not only is it a product worth paying for, but your support is better than the enterprise level tech company I work for.

SirLynix

Haha thanks but not yet, I've been thinking about it. However if you wish to support me and/or obs-kinect I have a github sponsor page / paypal.me (click on the sponsor button on obs-kinect github page).

Thanks a lot for wanting to support this project, I hope you got it working, updates are coming soon!

SirLynix

Hi SirLynix, keep up great work! I would be able to livestream with my Kinect v2 on ubuntu. Do you plan to add support for that?

Yes! Linux support is planned, I will try to build the next release candidate (with Azure Kinect support) on Linux and from there try to implement freenect(2) support.

wrecche

Thanks Funcorner!

EkcRDnyWMAEKGBV

What an awesome thing! Though I am still hunting down more details on getting a decent 3d scan with my 360, seeing such engagement with this stuff makes me yearn for better things.. I mean, this was just given to me as a hand me down.

But I was looking for something just like this (someone mentioned your plugin could control the camera angle, and that it does!) and happened across a link to here and have the plugin working great, using my 360. What an awesome community. Cheers SirLynix, great work dude!

@SirLynix I had the greenscreen working a while ago but now it doesn't show anymore as a source and these error messages show in the log file:

16:49:57.521: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-kinect.dll': The specified module could not be found.
16:49:57.521: (126)
16:49:57.522: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-kinect.dll' not loaded

The .dll is there in the obs plugin folder. All other plugins work fine. What might be the problem?

Attachments

• obs-kinect.png
    obs-kinect.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 45
I also installed version 0.3-rc2 to see if that would work but get similar errors:
21:41:25.262: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/KinectBackgroundRemoval180_64.dll': The specified module could not be found.
21:41:25.262: (126)
21:41:25.263: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/KinectBackgroundRemoval180_64.dll' not loaded
21:41:25.357: [obs-browser]: Version 2.8.7
21:41:25.368: NVENC supported
21:41:27.576: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-kinect-sdk10.dll': The specified module could not be found.
21:41:27.576: (126)
21:41:27.576: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-kinect-sdk10.dll' not loaded
21:41:28.863: LoadLibrary failed for '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-kinect-sdk20.dll': The specified module could not be found.
21:41:28.863: (126)
21:41:28.863: Module '../../obs-plugins/64bit/obs-kinect-sdk20.dll' not loaded
21:41:28.867: LoadLibrary failed for 'obs-kinect-sdk10': The specified module could not be found.
21:41:28.867: (126)
21:41:28.869: LoadLibrary failed for 'obs-kinect-sdk20': The specified module could not be found.
21:41:28.869: (126)

No one else seems to be having such issues, so I must be doing something wrong or other.....

Thanks for getting back to this issue. It might indeed be the Kinect SDK as this is not installed on my system. I'll try installing it and see if things work out.