OBS Kinect (with faux green screen)

OBS Kinect (with faux green screen) 2022-03-12

SirLynix

SirLynix submitted a new resource:

OBS Kinect (with faux green screen) - Support for the XBox One Kinect in OBS

Allows to use a Kinect (v2 only for now) directly in OBS.

Supports color streamView attachment 51472

Depth stream
View attachment 51473

Infrared stream (might be great for horror games)
View attachment 51474

Faux green screen effect (based either on body or depth)
View attachment 51477

Video demo:

I hope I will be able to add Linux/macOS support soon (using libfreenect2). I'll try to make a version...

Read more about this resource...

SirLynix

How to use it? After I installed the files, I didn't find this kinect source or filter effects.
Do you have a Kinect v2 connected to your computer? Does the OBS log file have something about obs-kinect?

Do the Windows SDK 2.0 example work?

Imza

I have a new PC with a Ryzen 7 and 2080...the kinect output freezes every few seconds. Works fine in TouchDesigner, so it's obviously the plugin.

SirLynix

I have a new PC with a Ryzen 7 and 2080...the kinect output freezes every few seconds. Works fine in TouchDesigner, so it's obviously the plugin.
Hello, sorry to hear you're experiencing troubles.

Does the Kinect shut down? Does the kinect output update again after freezing (without interaction)? Is the "disable when inactive" option checked?
Is there anything in OBS logs about obs-kinect?
Do the Kinect SDK 2.0 examples work well?

delet

Awesome project! Looking forward for Kinect v1 support, I can't get an adapter for my v2 currently.

Av8or1ab

Awesome project. I'm unable to get the source to show as a video capture device. I'm able to get the Kinect Studio working. My logs don't show the libraries are failing to load.

Av8or1ab

Awesome project. I'm unable to get the source to show as a video capture device. I'm able to get the Kinect Studio working. My logs don't show the libraries are failing to load.
Nevermind, found it. The Kinect is a source itself and not a "Video Source". This confused me, because the Kinect also shows as a webcam. Great work on the project, excited to see it keep going.

Mr72PS

Release candidate v0.3 works great here so far! Keep up the great work! It is simply fantastic, what you are doing!!! Suddenly my old Kinect 360 has a purpose again! I use it together with the OBS VirtualCam tool for MS Teams.

Mr72PS

My translation for german DE:
ObsKinectV1.HighRes="Aktiviere Farb High-Res Modus"
; please translate me ^
ObsKinectV1.HighResDesc="Ausgabe in Farbe mit 1280x960 anstatt mit 640x480 aber mit tieferer Bildrate (15Hz anstatt 30Hz)"
; please translate me ^
ObsKinectV1.NearMode="Aktiviere Depth-Near Modus"
; please translate me ^
ObsKinectV1.NearModeDesc="Reduziert den Tiefenfokus auf 40-200 cm anstatt 80-400 cm (funktioniert nicht für Kinect 360 Version)"
; please translate me ^

dmezzz

This is very handy. However a suggestion I would have is.. would it be possible to add bokeh/ Gaussian blur as an option also. So instead of green screen effect u can adjust the level of blue around you. I think this would a lot to the quality of kinect as a cam in obs.

SirLynix

This is very handy. However a suggestion I would have is.. would it be possible to add bokeh/ Gaussian blur as an option also. So instead of green screen effect u can adjust the level of blue around you. I think this would a lot to the quality of kinect as a cam in obs.

Gaussian blur is supported since version 0.2. I don't really understand the "level of blue" part tho, what blue?

7obi

My favourite feature of this great plugin, other than it now supports the original Kinect 360, is the ability to use the source in multiple ways. Here I have my body tracked and cut out in front of multicoloured depth maps, layered and coloured changed by a filter from OBS.

Attachments

• Daily scrum (Meeting) _ Microsoft Teams 2020-06-05 11-32-35000.gif
    Daily scrum (Meeting) _ Microsoft Teams 2020-06-05 11-32-35000.gif
    48.2 KB · Views: 406
  • Daily scrum (Meeting) _ Microsoft Teams 2020-06-05 11-32-35013.gif
    Daily scrum (Meeting) _ Microsoft Teams 2020-06-05 11-32-35013.gif
    43.2 KB · Views: 378
  • Daily scrum (Meeting) _ Microsoft Teams 2020-06-05 11-32-35162.gif
    Daily scrum (Meeting) _ Microsoft Teams 2020-06-05 11-32-35162.gif
    42.9 KB · Views: 369

Mr72PS

My favourite feature of this great plugin, other than it now supports the original Kinect 360, is the ability to use the source in multiple ways. Here I have my body tracked and cut out in front of multicoloured depth maps, layered and coloured changed by a filter from OBS.

How did you do that? I am very interested to learn...

7obi

How did you do that? I am very interested to learn...

Add Kinectsource colour camera with greenscreen body enabled.
Add Kinectsource depth camera with greenscreen body-enabled, add filter for red.
Repeat above line for the other colours and layer as appropriate. Simples!

oozebro

Hey, this is a fantastic plugin. Huge props for adding Kinect v1 support as well. It was working fine for weeks with my 360 Kinect until recently I get an error " [obs-kinect] failed to initialize Kinect: The hub and motor are connected, but the camera is not " even though nothing else is utilizing the camera. Any ideas what would cause this?