OBS is Recording Blurry Screen

imvijaygir

It was working fine till yesterday night. But, as I recorded my screen today and checked the video, the recording is too blurry. See the screenshot below. None of the settings are changed. I have been using the same settings for a very long time now. I am also attaching the log file to get a fast resolution of this problem. I have the latest updated OBS studio 28.0.3 (64-bit).

1666018557301.png

Attachments

• 2022-10-17 20-27-09.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 97

PaiSand

That's normal. your recording at 2500kbps
Keep it simple. Run the Auto-configuration Wizard (tools menu) and apply the settigns. Restart OBS. Yes, don't do anything else but restart OBS.
Now please do a test as is, do not change anything. Try using a different quality from the presets in simple output mode.
With your computer you should be able to record at 1080p 60 fps and at a good quality.

Keep it simple.

imvijaygir

Okay, I will try that. But I have been using the same settings for a very long time now. How does the OBS behaviour change over night without changing anything?

imvijaygir

I don't need the 4k. I have been using 2500 kbps since the start. Have tested different bitrates, and it goes laggy.

imvijaygir

Wow I just opened OBS after a few hours and did not change a single thing, it got resolved all by itself. That is very weird. I did not even reboot the system.

1666027505101.png

SolarLightRay

Putting both "Base (Canvas) Resolution" and "Output (Scaled) Resolution" to the value of Display resolution (Full Screen) which is Recommended in Windows Display Settings worked for me. Now I can record full screen without any blurriness.