Question / Help OBS is locking my game fps

Cryonic

OBS will reduce the FPS while in use (preview/streaming/recording). Settings have a huge impact on the load.
But there is no "lock" to 60 whatever, you can do it only ingame or via driver, not with OBS.
And yes Windows 10 game capture is broken and still not fixed, i got drops to 30FPS while using it, with monitor capture i can maintain 200+FPS in LoL and around 130-150 when the ingame shop is open O_0.
Hope for a fix soon, cause Windows 10 will not go away.

Edit: just saw your post with Win10.

Go for Monitor capture, make sure you have a clean, non-nude background and no additional stuff flying around on this monitor and be happy. Game capture and window capture are broken and there is no fix or even an idea for it right now.

dping

OBS will reduce the FPS while in use (preview/streaming/recording). Settings have a huge impact on the load.
But there is no "lock" to 60 whatever, you can do it only ingame or via driver, not with OBS.
And yes Windows 10 game capture is broken and still not fixed, i got drops to 30FPS while using it, with monitor capture i can maintain 200+FPS in LoL and around 130-150 when the ingame shop is open O_0.
Hope for a fix soon, cause Windows 10 will not go away.

Edit: just saw your post with Win10.

Go for Monitor capture, make sure you have a clean, non-nude background and no additional stuff flying around on this monitor and be happy. Game capture and window capture are broken and there is no fix or even an idea for it right now.
Yup, Its probably something with the Aero since MS removed some aero glass features that was in Win7. Aero is not completely removed but I'm curious if just the "features" that OBS requires were removed. the removal was supposedly due to the Surface 3 (ARM laptops not handling some Aero features well enough, but that is hear-say. It could also have to do with DX12, but again, thats something that not alot of us know about.

Cryonic

Nobody has an idea so far what cause the game/window capture to have a huge impact on the FPS, it also impacts not all games, LoL is one of the games that is running so bad..
Monitor capture has no impact, but will ruin your scenes a bit and you should be careful what you start/show on your main screen while streaming :-)

dping

Nobody has an idea so far what cause the game/window capture to have a huge impact on the FPS, it also impacts not all games, LoL is one of the games that is running so bad..
Monitor capture has no impact, but will ruin your scenes a bit and you should be careful what you start/show on your main screen while streaming :-)
I just move my icons to my second monitor for the time being. This way, it doesn't ruin the experience. but yeah, I agree, I dont know exactly why...

@scrax hasn't replied yet so we dont even know if this is his issue.

dping

Hi guys, monitor capture does seem to fix my issues. Thanks for helping out :)
Windows 10?

EDIT: also, move both your monitors to your 680. just to make sure that isn't causing some weirdness with your onboard GPU.

dping

Hi mate, yeah I already stated that in post 3 :) Cheers.
oh my apologizes. I missed that post :P damned multitasking.

EDIT: also, move both your monitors to your 680. just to make sure that isn't causing some weirdness with your onboard GPU.

scrax

No worries, thanks for the help guys. Let's hope the solution for the game capture is found soon. :)