OBS is changing my Windows Default Audio Device on it's own

Igneoh

Its pretty hard to describe this, but whenever OBS is open, it forcefully changes my Windows Default Audio device (for the whole system) to one of my AMD High Definition Audio devices.

When I navigate to the sound settings on Windows to change back the audio device so that I can physically hear the sound coming from my computer, it lets me switch back for about 1 second (Literally) before immediately changing the default audio device back to the AMD Audio device (that cannot play audio where I can hear it).

Disabling the AMD audio devices 1 and 2 completely prevents my system from being able to project sound at all, as they are the audio drivers for my system.
1710015461626.png

How do I stop OBS from being able to change this setting on my system?

An important side note: A clean reinstall of OBS changed nothing. As long as the software is open, it has access to change my system's settings.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
There is no code that can change the device on your system. It is likely that you have some kind of audio management utility that is trying to be "helpful" when it detects OBS is open, and reading from audio devices, so it's switching. What that is, however, I have no idea. I can say with certainty that we cannot, and would not, change a system audio device.