OBS (gaming pc) not sending audio out to capture card (streaming pc) on , but windows will

DiedOnTheToilet

this is an intermittent issue. It works at times, and other times it doesnt.

How I am testing this: I will have obs open on the gaming pc, and I can see the audio from my mic and default ouyput bouncing in the audio ques in obs. I also have my streaming pc open, where it has the audio bar showing that represents the audio from the capture card. This bar is not working with the sound going through my default output on obs. However, if I go to my system sounds, and then click the test audio option on my capture card, I can see the bars bounce on the streaming pc.

This means that the streaming pc is in fact receiving audio through the hdmi cable going into the capture card, which leaves me to believe that there is something wrong with the obs on my gaming pc.

Like the first line says though, this works at random. Some times it works just fine, with no issues, and then others it doesnt. If it never worked, I would think its a settings issue, but since it works some of the time, it says to me that its something obs related....

Anyone else had a similar issue?

AaronD

Are you using the Default audio device in OBS? That's somewhat random in what device it actually points to. Always choose a specific device *in OBS*, never Default.

DiedOnTheToilet

No, its set specifically to my realtek audio device, I just used the term default device to say that it was on the proper sound device.

My realtek is set for desktop audio, and my monitor is set to my capture card in the audio settings.

AaronD

...my monitor is set to my capture card in the audio settings.
The Monitor is an output from OBS. It's meant to drive headphones or studio speakers. It's not a source.

We might be getting confused with multiple instances of OBS on different machines, and referring to all of it as "OBS", singular. Can you post a diagram of how it all connects together, and screenshots of the settings in each place?

DiedOnTheToilet

Yes, it is an output source, which is how I am using it. I use the monitor so that I can have an output of the audio combined within my obs. So, with it using my capture card as the source on my gaming pc would mean that it would put the audio into the streaming pc. It works intermittenly, which means that the settings themselves aren't actually wrong, its just for some reason the obs on gaming pc doesn't want to send the audio out to the streaming pc at random.

Give me a short bit of time, likely tomorrow and I'll get you a diagram put together with some screen shots. I appreciate the assistance.