OBS Freezing PC - PC Unresponsive

skip10

Hi everyone,

So, this is my first time using OBS to do a live recording and I've had major freezing issues at seemingly random times (about 10 freezes over the course of two hours). It didn't just freeze OBS; it locked up my PC (no mouse movement), so I had to force restart my machine each time. The live recording is a test to ultimately try a live-stream. There were periods where I was able to get a few 3+ minute videos recorded.

Seems like I have a pretty simple setup: Dell XPS 15 with a thunderbolt 4 dock. Three cameras and a mic plugged in. Two of the cameras are using the iOS camera plugin (iphone and ipad), third camera is a simple logitech webcam. Microphone is a blue yeti. These are all plugged into the thunderbolt dock. They are all recognized fine and I can move things around. Over a 2 hour period I had 10-12 freezes: half the time the software froze when I was resizing video windows - and the other half it froze when recording (sometimes 6 seconds in, other times 2 minutes in). Every time, the PC was completely unresponsive and I had to force restart the machine.

Being new to this, am I expecting too much to have this many devices routed through a thunderbolt dock? Are there known issues with the iOS camera plugin? I have attached a log during the freezing time period - there are many error messages here, so maybe there's something obvious (obvious to you all)?

Other points: I had a very slow wi-fi connection (wouldn't think this would matter using only recording). I updated my graphics card driver after the first couple of crashes, didn't solve it. I was able to get a few 3 minute recordings with all devices active, so it seems like it CAN work.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 2024-01-28 13-37-34.txt
    398.8 KB · Views: 9