Question / Help OBS Frame drop, FPS bouncing.

Cerno87

So im having some issue with OBS it keeps Dropping frames when i stream and FPS goes wild from 60 too 10 and keeps bouncing then it goes stable for like 2-3 min then starts all over again. The stream also freezes when this happens. I recently reinstalled my PC but all drivers are installed and all other programs i used to have.

LOG

Attachments

• OBS LOG.txt
    20.1 KB · Views: 81

c3r1c3

Your GPU is overloaded, hence the jumping fps in OBS. Seems to happen in black ops4 for some people, which makes me think the game is chewing up a lot more GPU power then most people are accustomed to.

1. You can limit the fps in the game to something reasonable (such as 60fps) to help reduce the GPU load.
2. You can lower the quality settings in the game to help reduce the GPU load.
3. You can reduce the resolution the game runs at to also help lower GPU load.

Also it looks like your CPU isn't getting data from your GPU quickly:
1. Run GPU-z and make sure it's in at least an 8x electrical 2.0 PCIe slot (using lanes from the CPU, not the southbridge)
2. Grab CPU-z, go to the "memory" tab and report the value in the "channel #" box (it's in the top right).

Cerno87

Here is my GPU-z, i dont really know what to look for. And with my 1070 strixs card and 17 6700 i should have any issues but i do sadly :(

Your GPU is overloaded, hence the jumping fps in OBS. Seems to happen in black ops4 for some people, which makes me think the game is chewing up a lot more GPU power then most people are accustomed to.

1. You can limit the fps in the game to something reasonable (such as 60fps) to help reduce the GPU load.
2. You can lower the quality settings in the game to help reduce the GPU load.
3. You can reduce the resolution the game runs at to also help lower GPU load.

Also it looks like your CPU isn't getting data from your GPU quickly:
1. Run GPU-z and make sure it's in at least an 8x electrical 2.0 PCIe slot (using lanes from the CPU, not the southbridge)
2. Grab CPU-z, go to the "memory" tab and report the value in the "channel #" box (it's in the top right).

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    30.1 KB · Views: 124

Narcogen

21:07:09.966: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 45016 (26.3%)
21:07:09.966: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 4197 (2.5%)

You are significantly overloading your GPU. You need to reduce resolution, or framerate, or visual features in the game to give OBS resources it needs to run. You also seem to not be able to keep a stable upload at the bitrate you've selected.

Cerno87

21:07:09.966: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 45016 (26.3%)
21:07:09.966: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 4197 (2.5%)

You are significantly overloading your GPU. You need to reduce resolution, or framerate, or visual features in the game to give OBS resources it needs to run. You also seem to not be able to keep a stable upload at the bitrate you've selected.

The thing is before i reinstalled windows 10 on my new SSD i had no issues at all, i redownloaded all drivers and programs i used before so i wonder what changed. Only change i noticed in OBS is the it says NVENC H.264 and before it only said NVENC i figure they are the same.

Narcogen

Nothing to do with NVENC. If you were having that problem, it would say encoding lag. Your log says rendering lag, which is a different problem. You either need to reduce frame rate, frame size, or game frame rate and quality options, or, if the problem is with your drivers, check that you're using the latest drivers for your card.

Cerno87

Nothing to do with NVENC. If you were having that problem, it would say encoding lag. Your log says rendering lag, which is a different problem. You either need to reduce frame rate, frame size, or game frame rate and quality options, or, if the problem is with your drivers, check that you're using the latest drivers for your card.

That makes no sence, cus before i installed my new SSD and reinstalled windows i never had this issue at all. And i redownloaded all the drivers i need for the PC so something isnt adding up.

c3r1c3

I didn't see anything about the CPU-z info I asked for.

As to stuff not adding up, OBS is the same as before. That means (most likely - as in 99.9999%) something's changed on your system/you didn't do something you had done before.

Also did you turn off the Windows and/or NVidia Game features (like Game DVR in Windows 10 & the automatic Shadowplay option in the NVidia drivers)?

Cerno87

I solved the issue, apparently win 10 turned on Game mode by default when i reinstalled the PC and that cause OBS to freak out when i turned it off the stream was crisp and smooth. No frame drop never bellow 60fps.