Question / Help OBS font size

bal

Hi there!
Hi! I'm using 3 screens, 27" 1920x1080 each one. I have no problems with other software, but OBS font are too small. I looked for an option to change size but I don't found anything. I have to augment the DPI from 100% to 125% in one windows each time I need to use OBS and its pretty annoying. Is there any option to solve this, plugin or better option?

PD: I'm further away from the screens over than an usual screen configuration due the size of three of them.

Thanks for your time.

OBS_font

Hi there!
Hi! I'm using 3 screens, 27" 1920x1080 each one. I have no problems with other software, but OBS font are too small. I looked for an option to change size but I don't found anything. I have to augment the DPI from 100% to 125% in one windows each time I need to use OBS and its pretty annoying. Is there any option to solve this, plugin or better option?

PD: I'm further away from the screens over than an usual screen configuration due the size of three of them.

Thanks for your time.

Hi, I also have 3 screens, 27" 1920x1080 each one. I also have no problems with other softwares. Most softwares allow users to change the font and font size. But OBS user interface font are not only too small, but also unchangeable. There is not an option to change the font and font size in OBS setting. Only the language can be changed. But I also want to change the font and font size!

I am a Chinese user on windows 7. My windows 7 is English version but running with Chinese language package. The system default font is Microsoft Yahei, which is a pretty font. However, the OBS studio user interface adopts the SimSun font, which is ugly and blurry. As a Chinese user, there are many Chinese supporting fonts that are ugly and many Chinese supporting fonts that are pretty.

One OBS forum posting suggests to do "change most or all of the default fonts in Windows 7 for Active Title Bar, Icon, Inactive Title Bar, Menu, Message Box, Palette Title, Selected Items, ToolTip, and various Dialog Box text and buttons. ". However, this doesn't work, because windows 7 doesn't use default font Microsoft Yahei everywhere in the system. Unfortunately, OBS studio is a place that the Windows 7 default font setting doesn't apply to. I guess that the font selection of OBS studio development is a result of easy programming.

In conclusion, I wish OBS studio can have the option that the user can select their font and font size for the OBS studio user interface.

Thanks for your time.

RealYiggen

I had this issue on windows 10. What I did was Right click on the OBS application /propperties/compatabilty tab/ then checked the "Disable fullscreen Optimizations" box. That worked for me. I was then able to chang my scaleing option in windows and get the desired results.

mayality

I had this issue on windows 10. What I did was Right click on the OBS application /propperties/compatabilty tab/ then checked the "Disable fullscreen Optimizations" box. That worked for me. I was then able to chang my scaleing option in windows and get the desired results.
How did you change it in windows? thx

Susanne E

I've had the same issue. When I started using the program the fonts were fine, then as I started working with it they all started to change. Very frustrating, even my strongest reading classes aren't enough.

castl3bravo

Actually what RealYiggen said is correct. To be a bit more specific if you installed the 64bit OBS then do this:
  1. Close/exit obs
  2. Run File Explorer
  3. Navigate to: C:\Program Files\obs-studio\bin\64bit
  4. Right click on obs64.exe
  5. Click on Properties (at the bottom)
  6. Click on the "Compatibility" tab
  7. Click in the box for "Disable fullscreen optimizations"
  8. Click OK (you're done with File Explorer--close it)
Now start obs and presto your fonts are a reasonable size.

Again kudos to RealYiggen...perhaps it was obvious, but some of us need some prodding from time to time :)

staffantj

Unfortunately for myself (2 x 4k monitors), Windows 11, disabling fullscreen optimizations has little / no effect. An option to choose the font / size would be much appreciated.

Karajazz

Well if you do exactly what castl3bravo said , and while on "Compatibility" Tab on the bottom there is an option called "Change High DPI Settings" , press it and then again on the bottom on
High DPI Scaling Override
click and choose the option to change the "Override high DPI Scaling Behavior" to Scaling Perfomed by: System.

icodeintx

hmmm I haven't changed any equipment or anything. suddenly all my fonts are too big in OBS. I've tried all the settings above and they do help but still looks terrible.

1655345969453.png