Question / Help OBS does not record video preview in premier.

Duck1435

Hi, this is technically my second post for this issue, but I think I posted it in the wrong spot previously and wanted to post it again here, as I think it fits better. I'll copy paste what I said previously in this post: https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...eo-preview-in-premier-pro.121812/#post-456577
'Hi, this is my first forum post so I hope I've done it right, but I have a pretty specific question that I haven't found the answer to elsewhere, and was hoping someone here could help. I'd like to be able to livestream myself editing a video in premier, and have set obs to look for the premier window when open. I attempted a test stream with a couple of my friends earlier but they could not see the actual video i was editing, just the timeline and editing tools. Essentially, obs refused to show the video portion of premier, the most important part :P. I was wondering what could be done to fix this, and any suggestions are welcome. Thanks '

Thanks, and sorry for the repost.

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 134

carlmmii

Please post a log with your issue! Here's how...

I'm guessing currently you're trying to use window capture to grab your program contents. Instead, you will most likely need to use display capture to get the proper image. Window capture has limitations with how the window contents are grabbed -- anything that is not actually in the window layer will not be included, and any hardware accelerated windows are not guaranteed to work (the 1909 windows update helps this situation, but is not guaranteed).

Seeing as Premiere ticks both of those limitations, display capture is your safest bet to actually getting everything grabbed properly.

Duck1435

Please post a log with your issue! Here's how...

I'm guessing currently you're trying to use window capture to grab your program contents. Instead, you will most likely need to use display capture to get the proper image. Window capture has limitations with how the window contents are grabbed -- anything that is not actually in the window layer will not be included, and any hardware accelerated windows are not guaranteed to work (the 1909 windows update helps this situation, but is not guaranteed).

Seeing as Premiere ticks both of those limitations, display capture is your safest bet to actually getting everything grabbed properly.
I like the advice, but I'm still a little confused. When I attempt to add a display capture it does not give me any option that I can see would fix the issue. Is there anything else I could try?

EDIT: I think this is the log file you linked to, apologies https://obsproject.com/logs/VAdSqc8A5mKGOMKy

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Dihelson

I like the advice, but I'm still a little confused. When I attempt to add a display capture it does not give me any option that I can see would fix the issue. Is there anything else I could try?

EDIT: I think this is the log file you linked to, apologies https://obsproject.com/logs/VAdSqc8A5mKGOMKy

You'd better run premiere on a second monitor, and capture that monitor image on OBS. So, you won't have these problems trying to use window capture. Don't use window capture, use display capture from the second monitor.

Duck1435

I like this idea as well, but when I go to add a display capture, both of my monitors come up as a black screen, and nothing records. It recrods certain things with window captures, why is display capture showing nothing?

Paul74

If you have a laptop, probably the video preview in Premiere is using your nvidia/amd video card, while the program is using your standard graphic, and OBS is yet using your standard card, or something similar. So you should try to run both programs on the same video card.
Try to do this:
follow this guide:
and set everything to use high performance gpu (so not the integrated graphic).