OBS Docks Are Blurry and illegible after i extended my main monitor to use obs on its own display. I Absolutely can not figure out how to fix this. Pl

Megladong

I started noticing my OBS chat and stream information docks started to appear blurry after i extended my monitors over 2 different screens. When i hover my mouse over the blurry text they become more legible but still is a serious issue. Why is the no fix posted for this?

FerretBomb

Can you please post a screenshot of what you're talking about, along with a logfile from a streaming or recording attempt where the issue occurred?

D

Deleted member 121471

There's another topic with the same issue and a screenshot posted @FerretBomb

I've never seen anything like it and wouldn't know where to start solving it.

Megladong

I found out it has to do with windows 10. Its extreemly difficult to fix. I got the docks to display correctly but only when the preview stream window (the main obs ui) is on a different monitor. The problem occurred when i extended my main display to my smaller monitor and used my main to show obs ui, the glitch started when i switch it back to duplicate sceens. Ive tried to reverse what ive done by doing the opposite and it only fixes the docks if the main ui for obs remains on another screen. So frustrating, i am very good with tech and im not able to fix this.

Megladong

There isnt much to show in a screenshot. Just imagine the text for chat dock, twitch info dock, and stream information dock are extremely blurry and barley legible. Its a common problem for windows 10 but i think i made it even worse by glitching it when i switched back to duplicate sceen.

MrQubit

I've had this issue and I've found myself in this article too (and the other one, and the reddit one). I turned off the GPU hardware acceleration and it fixed it. But every single one of us has a problem when we use 2 monitors. What I wonder is do you guys use adaptors like HDMI to VGA or something too? And is there anyone having this issue while using a desktop computer?

Atlantis_Court

Hi,
i fix it with a reset of the nvidia 3D settings. The gpu hardware acceleration on my system was allready off :-) I hope it helps for some of you ( Sorry my english is baaaaaaaadddddd

Megladong

Dude Atlantis I just got this problem again after not looking at this forum for over a year. You are a god lol what you said immediatley fixed the issue thank you so much for posting the fix!!

LazloTheRascal

I had a similar post to the issue here (my post was mentioned earlier) and @Atlantis_Court gave me the fix for it. I posted some more info over there but I thought I'd mention it here as well:

I looked a little further and saw, at least for me, when I had anti-aliasing on in the nvidia control panel, that's when the text in OBS was blurry. When I turned it off the text was fine.

I verified that the only settings that were different than the default on my end was the anti-aliasing was set to on and I had my max FPS set to 100. At this point my control panel is just set back to the default settings and it's seems to be working

eggnoggins

I managed to fix this by turning off this setting in Advanced Settings

1645997194528.png

Harold

You likely had OBS set to run in compatibility mode for an older version of windows. Don't do that.

ZayedSays

100% turning antialiasing - FXAA from on to off fixed mine as well (Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is ON) Windows 11, version 22H2