Question / Help OBS Disconnecting repeatedly. Already tried all recommended troubleshooting from general disconnection/dropped frame thread.

Sangha Saga

Hi there, you can call me James.

I am trying to set up my live stream for the first time and am a bit frustrated with the disconnection issues. They are constant enough to make my stream unwatchable, about every couple minutes or so. I am running OBS on Windows 10 and have pretty powerful custom components in my computer to make it fine for streaming (a friend has the exact same build and streams with no problems), however I can list all the components if necessary.

Here is the URL for my latest log file:
https://obsproject.com/logs/yh6p9A4ZQ4JpDuAO

I am attempting to stream the new Pokemon" Let's GO games as they have just released and am really hoping to get my stream going while the game is still hot and fresh, and people are still highly interested in watching.
Thank you so much for your time and help!

EDIT: I just connected my computer directly to ethernet internet connection rather than wifi today and still no progress on resolving the disconnection issues. I may have noticed that the stream seems to disconnect more often while there is a lot of action going on in the game, however I can't totally confirm that it's not just a coincidence.

Sangha Saga

There's no streaming attempt in those logs.
I apologise, I'm not familiar with how to properly send logs.
I started the stream, waited for it to disconnect and reconnect, stopped the stream, then I copied the URL for the latest log. What can I do differently so that I send the correct log file?

carlmmii

https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/please-post-a-log-with-your-issue-heres-how.23074/

When in doubt, go to your log file folder and check them individually. Make sure that whichever log file you're pulling has a section near the end with the actual stream attempt. It should have some lines similar to this:
12:41:10.366: Output 'adv_stream': stopping
12:41:10.366: Output 'adv_stream': Total frames output: 2169 (2609 attempted)
12:41:10.366: Output 'adv_stream': Total drawn frames: 2665
12:41:10.366: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 440 (16.9%)
12:41:10.376: ==== Streaming Stop ================================================