OBS Disconnecting During Stream

RochelleStone

Hello! I stream to twitch using an Asus Zenbook Pro Duo. The stream itself runs fine and then the bitrate goes down to 0 kbps and OBS disconnects. This happens multiple times during streams and they can sometimes happen back to back. I don't have the option to use an ethernet connection so I have to use wifi. The wifi signal is strong. I have little to no dropped frames due to encoder. I'm not sure what to do at this point. When I streamed on my older computer I didn't have this particular problem, obs would just crash because the computer was not meant to hold up the software. I'm open to any suggestions. I uploaded the log files that the system will allow. I have 4 log files from one stream but the other two are too large to attach. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2022-06-02 18-33-46.txt
    41 KB · Views: 15
  • 2022-06-02 18-37-42.txt
    43.7 KB · Views: 11

PaiSand

You're using a wifi network connection wich isn't reliable. Please use a cable network connected to the modem/router directly.

RochelleStone

You're using a wifi network connection wich isn't reliable. Please use a cable network connected to the modem/router directly.
That's the only problem? I don't have the ability to use a wired connection right now.

Lawrence_SoCal

A strong WiFi signal is meaningless. All but the most recent WiFi is like a walkie-talkie, meaning you can have a great signal, but if something else using the channel when you want to, you are out of luck. Or it could be a driver issue on new computer? most unlikely (but not impossible) would be a hardware issue with the WiFi on new computer (but I'd exhaust all else before even checking further into this)
The following is difficult. Testing with a wired connection is not (USB to Ethernet adapters and an Ethernet cable are relatively cheap)
Download streamers build in buffers to hide nature of WiFi jitter/lag/throughput inconsistency. That doesn't work when livestreaming (with traffic going in other direction).
You need real-time network monitoring, on both wireless and wired network. And even then, understanding WiFi monitoring is not easy. Either that, or do a test uploading a large (1GB or larger) to a known Internet destination capable of handling such with a consistent upload speed. Now monitor upload traffic in real-time. is it consistent, and above your streaming KB rate? or is traffic fluctuating. I'll bet it fluctuates .. in which case your WiFi network (or WiFi on computer) is the problem.