OBS Disconnecting And Reconnecting Randomly

INeedHelpMan

I have been streaming for about 4 months now, randomly I would have issues with OBS Disconnecting and reconnecting, but now it is happening every single stream randomly and I am unsure why this is occurring. The thread that covers every fix, I have tried them all and nothing is working. Please help here is the Log.

Attachments

• new 1.PNG
    new 1.PNG
    71.5 KB · Views: 169
  • new 2.PNG
    new 2.PNG
    72.7 KB · Views: 162
  • new 3.PNG
    new 3.PNG
    80.4 KB · Views: 78
  • new 4.PNG
    new 4.PNG
    69.1 KB · Views: 62
  • new 5.PNG
    new 5.PNG
    81.9 KB · Views: 55
  • new 6.PNG
    new 6.PNG
    75.1 KB · Views: 53
  • new 7.PNG
    new 7.PNG
    94.4 KB · Views: 48
  • new 8.PNG
    new 8.PNG
    119 KB · Views: 145
I see a couple things happening here:
[1] You're running multiple instances of OBS. If both are trying to stream to the same endpoint, (ie: you were streaming to one, OBS looked like it crashed, but was still running in the background, and you started another instance and started streaming again), you're gonna have issues.
[2] You're using wifi. Stop that. - Seriously though, you should never stream on a wireless connection, way too many things that can cause instability in your connection. In fact, that instability can be detected by the server end, and lead to....
[3] Your OBS appears to be receiving an 'fd_close' - this is typically from the server end shutting down the connection / closing it, which can happen if, as I mentioned in the 2nd item, the server detects that connection quality is incredibly unstable.

I can't stress enough how much you should *not* be using the wireless connection to stream. That said, if you have no other choice (ie: you have no ethernet adapter), I'd start by updating your wireless card's drivers and see if that helps the issue.

INeedHelpMan

I see a couple things happening here:
[1] You're running multiple instances of OBS. If both are trying to stream to the same endpoint, (ie: you were streaming to one, OBS looked like it crashed, but was still running in the background, and you started another instance and started streaming again), you're gonna have issues.
[2] You're using wifi. Stop that. - Seriously though, you should never stream on a wireless connection, way too many things that can cause instability in your connection. In fact, that instability can be detected by the server end, and lead to....
[3] Your OBS appears to be receiving an 'fd_close' - this is typically from the server end shutting down the connection / closing it, which can happen if, as I mentioned in the 2nd item, the server detects that connection quality is incredibly unstable.

I can't stress enough how much you should *not* be using the wireless connection to stream. That said, if you have no other choice (ie: you have no ethernet adapter), I'd start by updating your wireless card's drivers and see if that helps the issue.
So when the disconnection happens, I have to close OBS and re open it, how do I stop it from having multiple running in the background?

So when the disconnection happens, I have to close OBS and re open it, how do I stop it from having multiple running in the background?
If using:
WIndows - Go into windows task manager and find the obs process in the 'processes' or 'details' tab, and kill it.
Mac - same idea - Go into Activity Monitor and find the obs process and kill it.

INeedHelpMan

If using:
WIndows - Go into windows task manager and find the obs process in the 'processes' or 'details' tab, and kill it.
Mac - same idea - Go into Activity Monitor and find the obs process and kill it.

Okay I will try that ! Is there anyway I can contact you if it continues afterwards? Also I am on the other side of the house from the router / modem , what do you recommend me do to not use wifi?

The fact that you're on the other side of the house might be part of the problem. You'll need to either move your streaming setup closer to the router and run an ethernet cable from it, or run a long ethernet cable from the router to the other side of the house (just try not to exceed 300ft, lol). Another option that works for some people (though I personally haven't used it) is a powerline networking based setup. It basically uses the electrical in your house to transfer ethernet from one spot to another. You likely wont get a gigabit of line speed like you would an ethernet cable, and your internet on the streaming machine might not be able to use 100% of your internet connection, but it should work well enough to give you a solid stable upload for obs.

INeedHelpMan

The fact that you're on the other side of the house might be part of the problem. You'll need to either move your streaming setup closer to the router and run an ethernet cable from it, or run a long ethernet cable from the router to the other side of the house (just try not to exceed 300ft, lol). Another option that works for some people (though I personally haven't used it) is a powerline networking based setup. It basically uses the electrical in your house to transfer ethernet from one spot to another. You likely wont get a gigabit of line speed like you would an ethernet cable, and your internet on the streaming machine might not be able to use 100% of your internet connection, but it should work well enough to give you a solid stable upload for obs.
Sweet okay I will try that, do you recommend I change any settings on OBS ? I have my bitrate at 3500, I have dynamically change bitrate on and network optimizations on aswell!

INeedHelpMan

I figured that the settings arent the problem bc sometimes i have really good streams with maybe like 1 disconnect, and other times its ALL THE TIME!

I figured that the settings arent the problem bc sometimes i have really good streams with maybe like 1 disconnect, and other times its ALL THE TIME!
Yep, you literally just described the exact behavior many run into when using wifi, because things that can cause interference can change easily due to any number of things at any given time of the day, meaning you could have perfect connection for 2 days, then it turn to an absolute mess for streaming for the 2 days after that.

INeedHelpMan

Yep, you literally just described the exact behavior many run into when using wifi, because things that can cause interference can change easily due to any number of things at any given time of the day, meaning you could have perfect connection for 2 days, then it turn to an absolute mess for streaming for the 2 days after that.

I have also noticed that bad weather seems to make it happen aswell, Wifi problem also? And should i keep my settings the same then?

I have also noticed that bad weather seems to make it happen as well, Wifi problem also? And should I keep my settings the same then?
Yes, weather can cause issues with your internet connection as a whole, though it's not unheard of that wifi can have issues in heavy rains as water droplets can absorb wifi signals, especially signals in the 2.4ghz range.

INeedHelpMan

So I probably should keep my settings normal then for now?
Yes, weather can cause issues with your internet connection as a whole, though it's not unheard of that wifi can have issues in heavy rains as water droplets can absorb wifi signals, especially signals in the 2.4ghz range.
I saw someone recommended to Disable Dynamicly change bit rate , allow or
Open port 1935 and turn off windows defender. Any thoughts ?

So I probably should keep my settings normal then for now?

I saw someone recommended to Disable Dynamicly change bit rate , allow or
Open port 1935 and turn off windows defender. Any thoughts ?
Answer to both: I don't see anything so far that would suggest you need to change any settings at this time, I'd resolve the connection issue first. The dynamic changing of bitrate kicks in when obs realizes your internet connection is unstable and tries to adapt. Unless the issues got worse when you enabled it, you're probably fine leaving it for now. If you decide to disable it, I would try to lower your settings to 720p and a bitrate of 2000-2500 until you can get your internet connection to the streaming pc resolved. The port 1935/defender thing isn't an issue here because your issues are intermittent, meaning if it's working sometimes, then it's not defender or a port being blocked, as it would just never work 100% of the time/never connect if that were the case.

INeedHelpMan

Okay makes sense ! For now I’ll just keep the dynamically change bitrate the same and keep settings the same I appreciate all the help will update when I try these new things !

INeedHelpMan

Answer to both: I don't see anything so far that would suggest you need to change any settings at this time, I'd resolve the connection issue first. The dynamic changing of bitrate kicks in when obs realizes your internet connection is unstable and tries to adapt. Unless the issues got worse when you enabled it, you're probably fine leaving it for now. If you decide to disable it, I would try to lower your settings to 720p and a bitrate of 2000-2500 until you can get your internet connection to the streaming pc resolved. The port 1935/defender thing isn't an issue here because your issues are intermittent, meaning if it's working sometimes, then it's not defender or a port being blocked, as it would just never work 100% of the time/never connect if that were the case.
Hey lastly , how much time should I set OBS to try to reconnect after disconnecting? Hopefully if it can connect itself fast I won’t have to exit out and do all that good stuff

Hey lastly , how much time should I set OBS to try to reconnect after disconnecting? Hopefully if it can connect itself fast I won’t have to exit out and do all that good stuff
You shouldn't have to exit out, just hit stop streaming and wait. Changing the auto-reconnect settings won't change that, that only effects how much you want to let it retry if the connection drops and you don't do anything