OBS crashing on startup - graphic drivers, windows all updated

Noxxin-DW

Hello everyone,

Looking for some assistance on getting OBS up and running. I'm trying to set it up as I'll be traveling to Germany for my wedding and we're looking to livestream the footage. I had it working on my ThinkPad laptop however it didn't have a microphone jack so I have to use my fiancé's MSI laptop (GL63 8RC).

I've installed OBS and it's crashing on start up. I've done some troubleshooting and have made sure my Windows and graphic card are both updated, then reinstalled OBS a couple of times to see if anything changed. Attached are a couple of my latest crash logs from the AppData folder, I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what's going on.

Would really appreciate any assistance. Let me know if there's any other information you guys need in order to figure this out.

Thanks,

Noxxin.David

Attachments

• Crash 2022-06-11 13-31-29.txt
    48 KB · Views: 33
  • Crash 2022-06-11 13-31-15.txt
    50 KB · Views: 15

DrVeryVeryEvil

I have the very same problem (except the wedding, that's later).
-I updated all graphics drivers (Intel GPU included).
-The system is up to date.
-DirectX is up to date.
-It's a clean installation.

I browsed many threads and tried every solution. I'm becoming desperate. Please help me.

Attachments

• Crash 2022-06-16 13-52-15.txt
    48.9 KB · Views: 17

DrVeryVeryEvil

To the next guys and gals reading this:
Windows lies when it says the newest driver is installed.
My solution was:
-Deinstallation in Device Manager, also ticking the box when it askes to uninstall driver files.
-Install what I downloaded from step two here:
- Done.

Not sure if this is a save way though. I have a separate graphics card and driver that took over when I killed the intel one.

Tailicus

This is what shows up for the crash message. I've made sure my graphics are up to date, I check them pretty frequently. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. Any help would be appreciated. And I'm not sure on that DDU exactly how to install it. I don't like trying to install things if they look like potential malware sites.

Attachments

• Crash 2022-06-22 00-39-05.txt
    53.7 KB · Views: 16

Tailicus

You need to update the video driver downloading it directly from Intel's own site.
I guess the Intel stuff that was on my Laptop wasn't working so i did that along with the Clean Restart trick and THIS TIME it worked! Last time with what was already on there it wouldn't allow me to download everything from Intel so I guess I just had to jump through the hoop a few times to do it. But thanks both of y'all! @R1CH @PaiSand Now I get to set up OBS again. Hopefully, I can get this squared away and finally stream like I've been meaning to!