OBS crashing BSOD Watch dog error not being able to stream at all

skitty_22

So for months now I've been having an issue with my pc where every time I try to stream my pc freezes then blue screens with a watch dog error. I literally can't stream. I've tried everything from reinstalling graphic drivers, updating any and all drivers on my pc, updating SSD firmware, switching my GPU out for another, removing any hardware that could potentially be causing this issue, running memory diagnostic with it coming back clean, running Windows system check for corrupt files that were fixed, uninstalling obs wiping all files and reinstalling obs, switched from obs.live StreamElements to plain OBS studio, it even got to the point I needed to completely reinstall windows because it kept happening every time I tried using OBS but that didn't seem to do the trick either.

I can browse my pc just fine. Going online, even play some games without this happening. Yet as soon as I start up obs, start my game, my pc freezes and it blue screens with a watch dog error, only ever a dpc_watch_dog error. It seems to only happen when I'm trying to stream or have obs open for a certain amount of time with my game. There has been times I wasn't even streaming it froze and crashed with no watch dog error, and sometimes it crashed with a watch dog error without streaming. I have the latest drivers, the latest Windows update.

At this point I'm pulling my hair not knowing what could be causing this. I've tried every fix in the book, run a good deal of different diagnostics and to no avail, nothing seems to solve this issue. I've attached the most recent crashes with obs I have, and my spec are below and current obs settings. If anyone has had this issue and has solved, I would be more than grateful if you could give me some insight. If this continues with a solution, I have to stop streaming all together, and I really don't want that. I should also mention that under the sources setting for browser source hardware acceleration was turn on before. I turned this off thinking it would help and not really sure what it would do, I didn't see many results or a difference as it still crashed but thought it's worth mentioning.

• Motherboard ~ Gigabyte B450 AORUS M - Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • GPU ~ Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
    CPU ~ AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor
  • RAM ~ G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 RAM
  • PSU ~ Apevia ATXPrestige 800W 80+ Gold
  • SSD ~ silison power 500gb
Screenshot 2022-02-16 020357.png
Screenshot 2022-02-16 020413.png
Screenshot 2022-02-16 020434.png

Attachments

• Crash 2022-02-16 01-30-31.txt
    150 KB · Views: 16
  • Crash 2022-02-15 20-02-01.txt
    150 KB · Views: 15

cyclemat

have you updated your BIOS ?

How many watts has your PSU?

did you test to clean the PCI-E Port where the GPU is in?

Lasttime anyone says me he has bluescreen when using the GPU he thrown his PC on the ground and the GPU had an Layer break !

Attachments

• 1645136912365.png
    1645136912365.png
    326 bytes · Views: 16

skitty_22

have you updated your BIOS ?

How many watts has your PSU?

did you test to clean the PCI-E Port where the GPU is in?

Lasttime anyone says me he has bluescreen when using the GPU he thrown his PC on the ground and the GPU had an Layer break !
Bios has been updated to latest version
psu has 800w gold certified
graphics card has been taken care of carfeully and delicaitly probably better then most people seems to take care of them my ports are all clean and case has been cleaned throughly. my pc has been carefully kept on my desk for months and hasnt been moved

cyclemat

Check you Windows instalation with dsim and sfc

Try to use the aio runtime installer

Can you force the bsod and make a pictures of the complete message btw can you take a look in the Windows error log?

start cmd as admin

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

when finished

sfc /scannow

AIO runtimeinstaller

and downgrade obs !

Last edited: