OBS crashing after latest 26.0.0/.1 update

11ELFs

here is the last log uploaded https://obsproject.com/logs/hwDU6ELL1Bq8Bk6H

I cant seem to find a solution for this, I wasnt streaming for 2 weeks because I moved to a new home and needed a break to solve my stuff, and when I opened it after the update it just crashed, if someone can help me it would be awesome, from these 2 weeks ago to now the only things I installed new in my PC was SoftEther and its pluging VPN Gate, don't know if this is useful information but it bugged my Voice Meeter Banana somehow, so maybe it bugged OBS too. I was expecting to start streaming today but it seems I wont. ty for everything and peace out peeps.

obs2021

Facing the same issue. Need to format my laptop. Downloaded relevant files OBS-Studio-26.0.1-Full-Installer-x64.exe and pre-requisites, as asked by the installer, "VC_redist.x64.exe". But the VC++ file distribution setup failed with UNKNOWN error. OS is Windows 8.1 x64.

11ELFs

Facing the same issue. Need to format my laptop. Downloaded relevant files OBS-Studio-26.0.1-Full-Installer-x64.exe and pre-requisites, as asked by the installer, "VC_redist.x64.exe". But the VC++ file distribution setup failed with UNKNOWN error. OS is Windows 8.1 x64.

If u find a solution please don't forget to post it here, I will do the same

mrfresh

i'm having the same issue
when i use my discord to share screen while streaming with OBS it will work for a while but after a short while the OBS crashes and i cant figure out why. does anyone have an opinion as to whatit could be. here are the things i have tried
1. restart pc - didnt fix issue
2. uninstall and re-install - no lucky there,
3. ran all virus checks and checked all drivers up 2 date - still no luck

i have looked around for this issue but i cant seem to find any videos on how to fix this. does anyone else have this issue. please let me know in the comments below..

everything was working fine till the new update now it just crashes all the time

DragonDal

Ok for me to resolve I had Stream Elements obs live,I have uninstalled stream elements obs live,Downloaded both OBS studio 64bit and stream elements obs live,Installed OBS studio over existing installation.then installed Stream elements obs live,Now all working normally.Hope this helps.