Bug Report OBS Crashes - libx264-142.dll - obs.exe - obsapi.dll

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
You're an amazing individual, I must commend you for having the patience to put up with all the tests, most people aren't quite this patient. Thanks for taking the time to do so.

(Unfortunately I have nothing to add at the moment, just have been watching the thread)

Makkusu

You're an amazing individual, I must commend you for having the patience to put up with all the tests, most people aren't quite this patient. Thanks for taking the time to do so.

(Unfortunately I have nothing to add at the moment, just have been watching the thread)

No problem. I run at least memtest and prime at least twice a year anyways, this was a littler earlier than I expected due to the issue that I am experiencing so I don't mind. Anything I can do to help I will and also to ensure that my hardware is working and if I am having some sort of software issue to help you guys with any data I can to help build you product.

I haven't had time today to test my ram sticks individually but I saw your reply and wanted to thank you. As soon as I have a chance, probably tonight or tomorrow night I will play with my sticks (giggity) and let u know what are the results.

Makkusu

I went ahead and used the individual sticks of ram. I found 3hrs to sit today and do it. I was going to do 1hr per stick and then 1hr both again just in case. Tested both on the slot recommended by my manufacturer when you use only one stick of ram. Individually they both went 1hr without crashing, I usually crash in the first 30mins, sometimes it can take hours. When I used both it crashed around 55mins. I would like to go about 2hrs with each individually, I just didn't have the time over the weekend. Hopefully I will be able to this weekend, since this requires me to sit down for several hours it is harder then running a stress test since I don't need to be here.

98WaI5k.png

9colBmQ.jpg

Recently was crashing within the first 30 mins that gaming and going almost 1hr with the 3 test felt good. What I did was played WoW for around 15-20 mins then LoL for the rest of the time. Ran 1 instance and 1 bg for wow then ARAM on LoL.

Attachments

• 2014-07-08-1930-56.log
    10.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 2014-07-08-2222-38.log
    9.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 2014-07-08-2330-25.log
    4.2 KB · Views: 20
  • OBSCrashLog2014-07-09_1.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 21
  • OBSCrashDump2014-07-09_1.dmp
    834.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Note: (If this was already mentioned, forgive me) we're going to also check to see if there's an issue with an x264 version we recently changed in 0.625b. There have been a noticeable number of x264 reports with 0.625b that didn't happen with 0.624b. You may want to see if 0.624b works. We're going to be changing x264 in the next update again to see if we can resolve the issue with it.

Makkusu

I am coming close to a year. I had to stop streaming and gaming all together for quiet some time. I started streaming again about a month ago, I stream using x264 and record using Qsync out of the same PC and man... I have not had any issues at all. My Pc is the same, what ever change you guys made worked.
I am sorry my data wasn't able to help you guys find exactly what was going on but I am not having any issues. I stream and record for hrs, my longest session was 4+hrs and I've had 0 crashes.
Thanks for the awesome work, sorry for being so late. Got hit hard but I worked and got myself back up and I am back gaming :)