OBS Crashes After Switching to Another Scene from Scene with VLC Media Source with Subtitles

rhavoc

Hi guys!

I have just experienced several crashes while a broadcast was ongoing (well, after the first crash we had to switch to another PC just so we could continue with the broadcast.

OBS Studio Version - 27.0.1
Windows Version - 10 build 19043 (release: 2009; revision: 1237; 64-bit)
VLC Version - 3.0.14 Vetinari

Anyway, I have a scene with a single source, a VLC Media source and I had the subtitles option on. The subs though, are not embedded in the video, but is in fact a .ASS file, as I use Aegisub to create the subs. Switching to the VLC media scene doesn't seem to be the problem, but switching to another scene from the VLC media sourced stream produces the crash. As far as I can tell, it is caused by a VLC DLL.

Attached are the crash log and the last OBS log file.

I'd appreciate any workarounds, VLC version I should use, or anything that could solve this issue.

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• Crash 2021-07-23 11-25-32.txt
    57.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 2021-09-23 13-14-43.txt
    15.5 KB · Views: 16

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Hmm, that's a strange crash - it's complaining specifically about the Transitions list. What transitions do you have listed, and what do you have currently selected?

jliew62

You must use older version of VLC. I found 3.0.0 works very well without crashes. The later versions all cause crashes with OBS.

jliew62

Sorry, there is an issue with VLC 3.0.0. Playlist will not advance to the next file at the end of video in OBS. Use 3.0.10 instead.