OBS crashes after I start Streaming

Cycu1PL

Hi,
I recently updated my motherboard drivers to the most recen ones, and right after that I updated my RTX 4080 Game ready drivers too,
After that I noticed the OBS freezes my entire Windows 11 and the only way to restore is to reset entire pc (OFF/ON).
Here's the log from last time freeze: https://obsproject.com/logs/Vaf40QaALcz8hlnv
And few previous too:

I tried to downgrade OBS to 28.1.1 and 29.13 - issue still ocurred in both.
Any chance for help with this one?

Cycu1PL

Hi! Any chance for help? Got some more logs from affected occurrences just from today :(
P.S. Now Windows freezes even when I don't stream. It happens few mninutes after I open OBS App.

Attachments

• 2024-03-03 06-48-01.txt
    18.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 2024-03-03 06-55-08.txt
    23.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2024-03-03 06-55-20.txt
    18.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 2024-03-03 07-09-45.txt
    23.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2024-03-03 07-10-10.txt
    17.9 KB · Views: 8

zezlot

Got EXACTLY the same problem. If i turn of my "integrated" graphic card then it works but the games i play stutter like crazy. If i turn it on the games works fine but the OBS crashes and "frezze" my entire computer.... Weird. Let me know how it goes man!

Cycu1PL

So I think I found a solution. Freezing stopped (at least for last few tries) afgter I downloaded and installed latest K-Lite Codec Pack. Seems after I done clear WIndows 11 Install I also wiped out all codecs. I just hope this is actually the case and freezes won't return.

PaiSand

You don't need those codecs. OBS uses the nvidia / amd / intel hardware encoders or the ffmpeg encoder.
What do causes freezes are windows HAGS, some plugins like streamelements.

Cycu1PL

Well, that's not the reason here. I have HAGS disabled and did not installed any plugins. Is there a way I can verify which plugins may cause freezing?

Cycu1PL

Here are last two freezes. Hope you'll be able to figure it out.

Attachments

• 2024-03-18 17-53-26.txt
    21.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 2024-03-18 17-29-05.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 6

Cycu1PL

Here's Once more. I additionally installed latest WIndows 11 update. STill freezing :/

Attachments

• 2024-03-18 18-08-25.txt
    17.4 KB · Views: 7

PaiSand

Please update OBS to it's latest version.
Version 28.1.1 is old and you need the latest one with the new encoder made specifically to get the advantage of the graphic card you have. make sure you also have the GPU driver updated.

Cycu1PL

Updated to latest version, AV1 encoder...still freezes entire Windows 11 :/
INow I reopened OBS but in Safe mode, I wanna see if it will run better without any plugins active.
Meanwhile if you'd be so kind to look at my latest log file and see if anything yyou can find there.

Attachments

• 2024-03-18 18-25-55.txt
    22 KB · Views: 9

PaiSand

The short recording looks fine on the log file.
What I just notice that could be causing issues is Norton. Most antiviruses app are too intrusive and cause multiple issues, including freezing a computer. When recording you are constantly writing on the system where the antivirus constantly read this constantly increasing file size is recorded. Disabling this feature of the antivirus not always work as it constantly read the same memory used for the recording process.

There's also an issue on the Avermedia Portable, where you can see the error:
DShow: Run failed (0x800705AA): Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.
This could be caused for other problems including the use of an USB hub or the system not being able to manage the amount of data.

And of course, it could also be a hardware problem.