OBS crashed before it can even open

yanaimo

Hi! i even tried uninstalling it and re-installing it and it didn't work...
I hope someone can help me out
I think it might be a vst plugin that is causing it to crash, but i can't figure out which one it is since ,quite frankly I'm a noob lol. I use a few vst plugins for my music in ableton so if i can avoid uninstalling every plugin to find out which one's the bad guy, I'd help me out a great deal!
thanks in advance!

Attachments

• crash report obs.pdf
    233.2 KB · Views: 13
Hi! i even tried uninstalling it and re-installing it and it didn't work...
I hope someone can help me out
I think it might be a vst plugin that is causing it to crash, but i can't figure out which one it is since ,quite frankly I'm a noob lol. I use a few vst plugins for my music in ableton so if i can avoid uninstalling every plugin to find out which one's the bad guy, I'd help me out a great deal!
thanks in advance!

gotama_love

Assuming you've done sine basic preliminary things (since you're posting here) like googling the issue, checking forums & trying other general fixes like running as admin (Mac equivalent)

I'm a noob myself, but I just started having this problem today conveniently as well on PC. Mine is a Windows specific fix, but maybe my fix will help you find yours. I noticed that whenever I would attempt to close all programs ahead of running OBS, my Nvidia Broadcast would automatically start as I use my have video inputs set to it. I opened Nvidia Broadcast to see that something had caused it to change my default camera within the app to a Windows PowerToys camera instead of my Razer Kiyo. As soon as I changed that and rebooted OBS, it worked like normal. While this won't help you directly, maybe consider any connected apps that may cause a similar situation within your setup and attempt to resolve anything that could be related.

Hope you're able to fix your issue <3