https://obsproject.com/logs/185DZSgetkqFQE7A
Not really sure how to read any of this and I'd like some help with it,
SYS: 2080 Super
i7 9700 k
ASUS z390 motherboard
32gb ram
CORSAIR h70 (maybe 60?) water cooling
1tb ssd (nvme), 500gb ssd (OS is on this one, above half memory) , 1 tb HD
Occasionally when I'm streaming I'm guessing my graphics card or driver crashes and all of my monitors go into a black screen where I'm unable to alt f4, refresh, CTRL+ALT+DEL, and I have to reset via the button on my case. I'm pretty good with computers on a basic teach-your-mom level but outside of that I don't really know what to do in cases like these. I've followed tutorials on setting up my OBS settings in terms of bitrate, what bitrate my internet can handle and the output I should have according to that.

phreakstation

Do you have a media source in one of your scenes?
What format file are you trying to play back?
Did you recently update your drivers?

LeoneScorne

Do you have a media source in one of your scenes?
What format file are you trying to play back?
Did you recently update your drivers?
No media sources outside of my intermission and starting soon streams which weren't active. I did have spotify running but this happened regardless of that being on or not. I also had wallpaper engine on but again, this happens regardless of that being on or off. This is a screenshot of the scene I was using but it happens with most scenes https://i.imgur.com/2rOqqDN.png, and drivers are all up to date. My first thought is a memory leak but I have no idea how to verify that.

phreakstation

Excuse me. My question is not about whether the drivers are up to date but rather whether you have recently made an update. This can also lead to something like that.
An acquaintance had a similar problem. With him it was due to a weak power supply. This was getting too old.

LeoneScorne

Excuse me. My question is not about whether the drivers are up to date but rather whether you have recently made an update. This can also lead to something like that.
An acquaintance had a similar problem. With him it was due to a weak power supply. This was getting too old.
Apologies, I built my computer in february of last year w/ a 1000watt power supply, and this happened prior to my updating NVIDIA drivers. It's been a consistent issue over a few months now.

dmemphis

See my post about a crash not being OBS's fault but my ethernet.
If you can run your program long term not streaming and not crash, and only
crashes with streaming, suspect your ethernet driver.

leon_246

See my post about a crash not being OBS's fault but my ethernet.
If you can run your program long term not streaming and not crash, and only
crashes with streaming, suspect your ethernet driver.

i have the same problem like the threadcreator. Could you tell me exactly which driver should we update or reinstall? Thank you!

dmemphis

In my case, there were no better drivers. I had to install a PCIe ethernet card to sidestep the problem PHY & driver on the motherboard.