OBS Crash At Start Recording(Manjaro)

hardbrocklife

I have done some research already and the problem seems similar to multiple other threads I found across the internetsrelated to removing different VAAPI drivers.

12:56:24.215: VAAPI: Failed to initialize display in vaapi_device_h264_supported
12:56:24.215: FFmpeg VAAPI H264 encoding not supported
12:56:24.216: VAAPI: Failed to initialize display in vaapi_device_hevc_supported
12:56:24.216: FFmpeg VAAPI HEVC encoding not supported

This is the result of pacman -Q | grep libva
lib32-libva 2.19.0-1
lib32-libva-intel-driver 2.4.1-1
lib32-libva-mesa-driver 23.1.5-2
lib32-libva-vdpau-driver 0.7.4-7
libva 2.19.0-1
libva-intel-driver 2.4.1-2
libva-mesa-driver 23.1.5-2
libva-nvidia-driver 0.0.10-1

A thread on another forum linked to this fix below:
Fix OBS crash on NVIDIA drivers on Manjaro

I tried the fix they suggested on the driver that I have the most closely resembles the one shown in the tutorial but no dice.

I have attached the log file. And help would greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2023-08-26 12-56-23.txt
    4.7 KB · Views: 24

Snowden

My OBS also crashes when I click "Start Recording". I'm using Manjaro i3 on a Lenovo T530 vPro. If I change to video encoder in output settings to software instead of hardware though, it works.

My video card
When I run lspci | grep VGA I get:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF108M [NVS 5400M] (rev a1)

By the error messages it looks like my drivers are too old, but when I try to automatically install drivers it won't change them to a newer version. This website talks about manually installing drivers but I'm afraid that I'll mess it up and brick my OS with no video card drivers:

Tuna

My OBS also crashes when I click "Start Recording". I'm using Manjaro i3 on a Lenovo T530 vPro. If I change to video encoder in output settings to software instead of hardware though, it works.

My video card
When I run lspci | grep VGA I get:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF108M [NVS 5400M] (rev a1)

By the error messages it looks like my drivers are too old, but when I try to automatically install drivers it won't change them to a newer version. This website talks about manually installing drivers but I'm afraid that I'll mess it up and brick my OS with no video card drivers:
From that NVIDIA card I would actually think the drivers are too new for that card. It is 11 years old and NVIDIA tends to remove support for legacy graphics card whenever they feel like it. So I assume you are not actually running on a real driver version but in some fallback mode. Then again - you didn't even posted a log or an error..