OBS colors are washed out on streaming laptop using Elgato HD60S+

iADELTT

HI all,

If someone can help it will be trully appreciated as I havent been able to find a solution online to my problem.

Since I bought my Elgato HD60S+ and started using dual PC (actual PC + laptop) to stream the colors on the laptop are washed out and totally different than what I see on my gaming PC.

I did find some stuff online and most suggested to turn off HDR from Windows. I've checked this and its not even supported on my streaming laptop.

Please find attached 2 photos of how it looks on my gaming PC and how it looks on streaming laptop (on the streaming laptop picture, I already applied some Color Correction and Sharpen filters on the image because without them is looks very bad).

Any help would be highly appreciated!

PS: hope I posted in the right forum!

Thanks,
Adel

Attachments

• GAMING PC.JPG
    GAMING PC.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 435
  • LAPTOP-STREAMING-PC.jpeg
    LAPTOP-STREAMING-PC.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 433

Suslik V

The only info we have is:

It would be nice to determine what exactly "colors are washed out" means. Some test images are here:
Make your conclusion.

Suslik V

I personally see it that OBS hooks the application too early, so some post processing is missing. But if this is screen capture via the capture card... then I run out of ideas.

iADELTT

The only info we have is:

It would be nice to determine what exactly "colors are washed out" means. Some test images are here:
Make your conclusion.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I dont have 4kpro from first quote you posted so I dont think that applies to me.

On the 2nd link I can confirm I'm using 709 & Full for colors on both systems :)

Ah and "colors washed out" for me means that on the laptop streaming 'pc' I see a darker and yellowish image than on gaming PC..

Suslik V

Then your issue is similar to the:
and I don't know how to fix this. Nobody will help you. Drop the streaming, recording and all. Get into cooking.

smbhax

I have an Elgato HD 60, and I get this problem for certain video sources if the Elgato settings panel that comes up after I click the video source's Configure Video button has "HDMI Color Range" set to "Expanded" instead of "Standard"; although your Elgato is a different model, their driver for multiple models is sometimes pretty similar, so if yours has the "HDMI Color Range" setting, try it on "Standard." (I had the same problem with an earlier model, the Elgato HD I think it was.)

And sometimes the Elgato's "HDMI Color Range" doesn't initialize correctly when starting OBS, even when it comes up looking like it's set to "Standard"--might be what Suslik was observing when he mentioned "OBS hooks the application too early, so some post processing is missing"--so to make sure, I always toggle that setting back and forth before I start recording.

chrcoluk

I still havent managed to solve it.

Whats happening for me is partial is same as what restricted should be so 16-235 but then fullapplies the compression twice to 32-220.

So they reversed and its been applied twice on the more washed out version.

So 16-240 for partial
32-220 for full instead of 0-255

Both videos and preview affected. Passthrough is fine, console outputting full range.