OBS Chugging 70-80% of my 3070ti and I can't seem to get it to stop.

BigAnimeNerd445

No matter what, I just can't seem to get it to stop chugging and I'm completely unable to stream. Trying to play Dead Space Remake (and already awful port) and I'm just coping.
I have a 12700k, 64 gigs ddr5 (2 sticks ripjaws), just updated bios and drivers, 3070ti, NVME etc. also running windows 10
I've turned of windows game stuff and have tried to get rid of sources or check to unload them if not shown, but no dice.

I don't want to blame the game though, since it happens sometimes elsewhere too, just starts chugging and my whole PC is basically stuttering.
I'm at a loss.
I'm on 27.2.4 and thinking of updating soon if 29 and its hotfixes are stable, but had a really bad experience losing everything on 28
but really, I don't think that's gonna solve anything obv.
I do have some other process I need open, but they don't impact enough to mess anything up.
Plz help if you have any ideas. screeenshot + log files
1676099984826.png

Log files

BigAnimeNerd445

And here I am being peaceful, not streaming, but having everything open
(mind you, it still does it sometimes when I'm not streaming?? I think)
And everything is just comfy

I feel like I'm being taunted.
1676109808000.png

rockbottom

You have Scenes with multiple Game & Window captures, these are not helping your cause. Clean those up & see if things improve.

sandrix

Update your video drivers, Visual C++
Make sure you don't use various programs that can conflict with OBS

Create a portable version of OBS. Its settings are isolated from the installation version. Add game capture. Check OBS and GPU load. This will help identify the problem with your sources, scenes, plugins.

Links in my signature.

BigAnimeNerd445

You have Scenes with multiple Game & Window captures, these are not helping your cause. Clean those up & see if things improve.
I need mutliple: One for my VTuber, my PNG chatbot, and another for my game on those scenes. If you have any ideas how to simplify or what would be better, that'd be much appreciated.
Update your video drivers, Visual C++
Make sure you don't use various programs that can conflict with OBS

Create a portable version of OBS. Its settings are isolated from the installation version. Add game capture. Check OBS and GPU load. This will help identify the problem with your sources, scenes, plugins.

Links in my signature.
Updated my visual c++, recently updated bios and graphics drivers
Not gonna do the mobile OBS thing just yet unless updating doesn't help.
backed up my OBS folder, about to update to 29.0.2

PaiSand

For one side you should enable windows game mode. It helps a lot.

Then reduce the browser-source clutter. Browser sources consume a lot of resources. In Task manager expand the OBS tree and see it.
Most overlay services allows you to set all the elements you need in one overlay, so you only use one browser source. And you can create as many overlays you need. Here you can add the alerts, chat, and other features you want.

Always remember, in OBS less is more.

BigAnimeNerd445

For one side you should enable windows game mode. It helps a lot.

Then reduce the browser-source clutter. Browser sources consume a lot of resources. In Task manager expand the OBS tree and see it.
Most overlay services allows you to set all the elements you need in one overlay, so you only use one browser source. And you can create as many overlays you need. Here you can add the alerts, chat, and other features you want.

Always remember, in OBS less is more.
Enabled Game Mode, how about Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling? I remember that used to be bad for OBS, would it be better to use it now? or still bad?
Also, thanks for the advice
I can try to fix the clutter, but a good few are needed
most I could get rid of is Emote Wall, Sound Alerts, and event lists on all my sources- I mainly use blerp for sounds so the other is redundant and Emote wall is sorta redundant now too with emote drop in Vtube Studio.

I tried deleting them without restarting, and it still ran bad in dead space... but then again, I should have restarted, might actually make a difference then, I just didn't commit to it.

So yeah,
Honestly what is up with windows manager
1676180208075.png

Also my current analyze
1676180234039.png

gonna try recording and update

BigAnimeNerd445

I need those multiple game captures for my vtuber and game, so can't reduce those

This was after doing recording of dead space remake
mind you this doesn't happen with other games as much
Do you think it could be Denuvo? I feel it could be. this game has terrible pc performance
but sometimes it's just generally sloppy- mind you I have an updated 3070ti and 12700k 64 gig ram system (specs above)
1676182206486.png

BigAnimeNerd445

Yet another comes looking for help, the answer is clearly given & ignored. Enjoy your rendering lag!
Such ill-will, as if I wouldn't exhaust every option possible, and as if I didn't come here looking for genuine help.

As of now I have exhausted every option given to me above, including reworking all of my scenes and starting from scratch!
But you would say I haven't.
Well I'll enjoy my rendering lag. At least I tried, given the well-meaning advice of everyone else itt

Alonerplays

The same thing happened to my 3070; it kept jumping from 30 to 50 without any scenes, so I found this solution. Go to the Nvidia control panel, program settings, choose OBS, and set power management mode to "maximum performance." My obs is now at 18%, which is good because I have a lot of browser sources. I hope this will help.