Question / Help OBS Camera freezes

macamrstudios

Hi - I have been racking my brains out for the better part of 3 days now and still no closer to figuring out this issue. A quick backdrop of the problem....

I am running OBS Studio (latest version 25.0.7) on two MBPs (mid-2010 17” running High Sierra and 2017 15” running Catalina). I have two external devices connected via USB (I am using a powered Kensington hub) running as cameras using the obs camera app (one is an iPhone 7plus (13.3.1) and the other is an old iPad running 9.3.5 (13G36).

Both cameras function perfectly on the MBP 15, however the on the MBP 17 , the iPad camera freezes after 2 seconds and stays that way (the iPhone works fine). When I first set everything up, all worked well, but as of 3 days ago, the iPad no longer works. NOTE: the iPad receives audio, and if I quit/restart, a new image is captured, but then it freezes again....

I have tried all the start/stop/reset and I even uninstalled/reinstalled OBS as well as removed all preferences. One might argue that maybe it is an older system, but it worked before and now it does not.

Any ideas???

P.S. I am running the OBS Camera plugin version v2.5.0 (as the latest version is not supported on High Sierra.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

Tiana

Have you thought about whether it's your iPhone/iPad problem causing the situation. you can try to fix your iPhone/iPad errors through related software like Joyoshare UltFix, thus unfreezing your camera connected with the iOS device.