OBS black screen issues

Pinkie Pat

I'm having issues with my OBS capturing my external Elgato HD60 S.
Log file
I recently moved my PC to a better spot because previously it had been under the desk. Ever since moving it OBS has not been working with my elgato.

I have two monitors and I can get my Nintendo Switch to display on my second monitor via the capture card.

I have checked my HDMI cables and they're all fine. I have the USB plugged into a USB 3.0. I tried unplugging and replugging in the elgato. I reinstalled OBS and tried an older version, both of which did not work.

OBS recognizes that my elgato is a source but it won't display anything and the only audio I get is a crackling static noise which had not been present until this issue arose.
1634498599658.png

I also tried going under the compatibility tab and choosing the system I want to be compatible with. This also has not worked.

Any other ideas on what to do?

FerretBomb

Does it work with Elgato's Game Capture software? That'd be the first step to check. If it doesn't, you'll need to reach out to Elgato for support, as there's nothing OBS can do to fix it if that's the case, and the Elgato techs will know how to fix their hardware/drivers a lot more than anyone here.

Pinkie Pat

Does it work with Elgato's Game Capture software? That'd be the first step to check. If it doesn't, you'll need to reach out to Elgato for support, as there's nothing OBS can do to fix it if that's the case, and the Elgato techs will know how to fix their hardware/drivers a lot more than anyone here.
It keeps telling me to plug it into USB 3.0 which I have. I tried 3.1 as well. All my other devices work with the USB ports and all the cables are fine.

FerretBomb

It keeps telling me to plug it into USB 3.0 which I have. I tried 3.1 as well. All my other devices work with the USB ports and all the cables are fine.
Then you'll need to reach out to Elgato Support. This isn't an OBS issue, it's a hardware device issue.