Question / Help OBS and League of Legends - Mouse Lock Problem (SOLVED!)

Afghani84

Hi there,

I've been recording LoL ingame videos with OBS and it was working well up until now. The cofiguration on both sides looks like this:

LoL - Windowed game mode, 1680*1050
OBS - 2 scenes: 1) captures everything except loading screen and actual gameplay, 2) captures ingame

Now what I used to do was giving an intro with scene 1 (including champ select) and then end the video once the loading screen starts. I then change scenes and start a second video once loading is done. For both scenes I tried window capture and game capture.
The issue now is that I lose the ability to move the camera ingame by scrolling towards the edges of the screen. Instead of moving the map, I exit the windowed mode and my mouse moves over the desktop. Once I stop the recording, it goes back to normal and my mouse stays within the ingame frame. Any idea why exactly that is and how I could fix it?

I'm thankful for any help!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Sounds more like an LoL issue, if the game isn't able to keep your mouse confined to the screen. Are you sure there's not an option for that in the game?

Afghani84

Thanks for the response! Not that I know off...

Just found this on the LoL forums:

"This usually occurs when another program demands to be the primary window or application in some manner. Certain web browser add-ons will cause this to happen.

It is also possible that a driver error could have occurred - though I haven't heard of such directly affecting League of Legends before.

I recommend addressing any software that you may have installed, even if it doesn't seem related, during the time the cursor stopped locking to your window."

Does OBS 'demand' to be the primary window...if so, how do I change this?

Afghani84

Thanks for the tip! The border turns red indeed. I tried playing around with it by changing the recording key and also having LoL or OBS in the foreground when starting the recording. It looks like the problem has to do with one or the other...still not quite sure which one though.

Afghani84

LoL and OBS are in the foreground? Did you have this problem before changing the recording key??
I meant LoL OR OBS.
Scenario #1: OBS in the foreground, LoL in the background
Scenario #2: vice versa

It might have an impact on whether or not the mouse is locked to the LoL ingame window.

@dodgepong: is there any way to customize OBS so that the borders of the window you want to record do not turn red? Bc it seems those are the only times in which there is no mouse lock. If the red frame is not visible, the game runs perfectly fine!

EDIT: I actually found out what the problem is. Here is a link to both a thread and a YouTube clip explaining the issue. Hope this helps ppl in the future!

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3912631
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Sy8_mXdng

Last edited: