Question / Help OBS and Jisti meet

bruno33

Hello
i am a new member of this forum
I am a teacher in France and for a special open day of my high school I prepare a direct video transmission
I tried OBS which receives very well my differents sources of video and audio (camcorders webcam and android)
but for android via the application Jitsi meet constantly appears on the source obs two messages
error obtaining microphone permission and error obtaining camera permission
I tried to delete these messages but I can not
the stream is unusable in state so I need help
if this is not possible to delete the messages, do you have another solution to recover on obs the video and audio flow of an android in 4g
thanks again
have a good day
bruno

matias_pl

If you want to experiment with Jitsi meet you will have to run OBS with -allow-media-stream startup parameter. It works under Windows (doesn't work on OSX), so if you're on windows change your link properties to something like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe" --enable-media-stream
For studio return feed to your callers you'll need https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/
Have in mind that BrowserSource isn't the best in terms of performance, so you might get better FPS from screen or app window capture (this was the case for me). I'm still looking for better means of integrating Jitsi so that we could mimic the behaviour and performance of vmix call for free with the additional Jitsis' bells & whistles.

Edit: The performance on Windows is actually quite good. I think I got low FPS on OSX where BrowserSource has HW compositing disabled by default.

Last edited:

bruno33

Hello Mathias
it works but I see only the thumbnail of the android while it is in full screen
may be another order ?