OBS 30.1.1 not showing frames missed or skipped due to rendering or encoding lag in Stats.

Worsel

I have noticed since I have upgraded to OBS 30.1.1 that the Stats are not showing when there are any frames missed or skipped due to rendering or encoding lag. My stream will suddenly turn into a slideshow for a brief moment but the Stats continue to show zero out of however many frames have been pumped out to that point in my stream.

I have checked the log file for my last stream I just wrapped up with the Analyzer, and it says that I had a 1.4% CPU Encoder Overload (I use x264). I rely upon being able to see when this happens so I can work on tweaking my stream setup to ensure it stays smooth the entire time, so this makes it a little tricky to see what I should adjust. I am sure this is also not the place to make this suggestion, and maybe something like this already exists and I just don't know about it, but having an alert or pop-up saying frames are being skipped or missed would be useful too since I currently have to have my phone open to my Twitch account so I can try to spot when the unreported drops happen.

This is my first time posting to this forum for assistance so please let me know if I have forgotten to include any required information that is needed, and I thank everyone for what they do.

Attachments

• 2024-03-31 18-38-45.txt
    29.2 KB · Views: 7

JohnPee

Have a look at t he output from the OBS Log Analyzer..

See if you can address the issues raised and try again.

Worsel

Not to be rude, but I most likely am going to be anyway, but how am I to "See if you can address the issues raised and try again" when the issue is that OBS itself is not showing any missed or skipped frames in the Stats section when I am streaming? Did you read what my issue was at all, because I seriously doubt you did.

Unless you can tell me why OBS is refusing to tell me there is a problem in Stats when I am live or point me to where there is an official bug reporting location as I suspect that this issue is, then I don't see how your comment would be of use.

Is there a problem with the stream if it will occasionally miss or skip frames? Sure, I know that, I saw it happen. Tell me why OBS is not reporting it in Stats and then I will listen to you.

Suslik V

Please, add info from what version you have upgraded. And what status window you are using: standalone (has minimize, maximize, close buttons) or dock-pane(only close button).

koala

According to the profiler info at the end of your log, the encoder is running well below the maximum allowed time (usually up to 5 ms, allowed is up to 16.6 ms per frame), but it also spikes up to 576 ms, which is probably the reason for your 1.4% dropped frames. Since you're using x264, it's the CPU that is not able to encode a few times. Such spikes may be caused by overheating and the CPU is throttling. Or you have something on your laptop running that uses up all CPU resources for a very short time.

Worsel

According to the profiler info at the end of your log, the encoder is running well below the maximum allowed time (usually up to 5 ms, allowed is up to 16.6 ms per frame), but it also spikes up to 576 ms, which is probably the reason for your 1.4% dropped frames. Since you're using x264, it's the CPU that is not able to encode a few times. Such spikes may be caused by overheating and the CPU is throttling. Or you have something on your laptop running that uses up all CPU resources for a very short time.
My Windows 11 has been de-bloated and anything that was not necessary for WIndows to run has been disabled or uninstalled. I pause my Windows Updates before I start streaming, as I did find that it would check every 20 minutes in the background and it would sap CPU power; once I am done streaming I make sure to unpause it so critical updates can be patched in. Any time an update is done I also make sure to check again that no extra programs are creeping in or running in the background that will cause any spikes.

For everyone who can't seem to understand the issue let me try this again: OBS 30.1.1 not showing frames missed or skipped due to rendering or encoding lag in Stats.

I don't care if I dropped frames or had an overload, I know I did and I saw it happen. I am also testing out different settings to try and refine quality settings more to my liking. The issue is that OBS IS NOT TELLING ME that frames were missed or skipped, it just shows zero frames missed the entire time.

Please, add info from what version you have upgraded. And what status window you are using: standalone (has minimize, maximize, close buttons) or dock-pane(only close button).
I had gone from the 30.1 Beta 3 build to the current 30.1.1. The Stats window is docked into my OBS along with my Twitch Stats and Twitch Activity Feed.