OBS 29.x and OS X Ventura 13.4

TheGainingGround

I upgraded to Ventura 13.4 and OBS 29.1.3 and I just can't get OBS to work right and I can't find anyone else having these problems so I assume it's something I'm missing. If anyone has any ideas on why the below keeps happening and how I can fix it I'd love to hear them!!!

1) EOS Webcam Pro Utility - I use my Canon m50 as a WEBCAM and with OBS 29.x and Ventura 13.4, as soon as I fire up Streamyards and start my virtual camera get a few seconds of video and then my video freezes on and off. It'll freeze then come back then freeze again then come back, etc. Completely unusable. Seems to happen as soon as Streamyards gets access to it because if I am not connected to Streamyards and just click on Start Virtual Camera, it seems to work fine. I went back to OBS 27.2.4 and I have no issues using the virtual cam with Streamyards and my m50. I assumed there were some known issues, etc. but I can't find anyone else complaining about this. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Wrong version of the utility?

2) Source Record - I installed Source Record on OBS 29.1.3 and it won't show up as an effects filter. I see the folder in the plugins folder but no dice. I went back to 27.2.4, installed it, configured it and it works perfectly (except for that pesky OBS freezing randomly on exit thing). I upgraded back to 29.1.3 and I can see the Source Record filters I set up but the options are gone and I get no properties available. I go back to 27.2.4 and they're back and working. What am I missing? Is there a special Source Record plugin made for 29.x? I'm not seeing anyone else complaining about this so I am clearly missing something.

Appreciate any and all help! Thanks!
TGG

attaboyBrad

I upgraded to Ventura 13.4 and OBS 29.1.3 and I just can't get OBS to work right and I can't find anyone else having these problems so I assume it's something I'm missing. If anyone has any ideas on why the below keeps happening and how I can fix it I'd love to hear them!!!

1) EOS Webcam Pro Utility - I use my Canon m50 as a WEBCAM and with OBS 29.x and Ventura 13.4, as soon as I fire up Streamyards and start my virtual camera get a few seconds of video and then my video freezes on and off. It'll freeze then come back then freeze again then come back, etc. Completely unusable. Seems to happen as soon as Streamyards gets access to it because if I am not connected to Streamyards and just click on Start Virtual Camera, it seems to work fine. I went back to OBS 27.2.4 and I have no issues using the virtual cam with Streamyards and my m50. I assumed there were some known issues, etc. but I can't find anyone else complaining about this. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Wrong version of the utility?

2) Source Record - I installed Source Record on OBS 29.1.3 and it won't show up as an effects filter. I see the folder in the plugins folder but no dice. I went back to 27.2.4, installed it, configured it and it works perfectly (except for that pesky OBS freezing randomly on exit thing). I upgraded back to 29.1.3 and I can see the Source Record filters I set up but the options are gone and I get no properties available. I go back to 27.2.4 and they're back and working. What am I missing? Is there a special Source Record plugin made for 29.x? I'm not seeing anyone else complaining about this so I am clearly missing something.

Appreciate any and all help! Thanks!
TGG
Did you use the most recent version of the source-record plugin? You must not be, since the most recent version requires OBS 29 to work.

I know in either 28 or 29 there were big changes for plugins--something about moving from qt5 to qt6 or something like that. I had to find alternatives for a number of plugins I had been using.

If a filter no longer works in a newer version of OBS you'll still see what you've set up, but you'll see no options when you click on it. Checking if there's an update for that filter that works with the updated version of OBS is the best you can do.

TheGainingGround

I went back to OBS 27.x. It's the only way I can get my virtual cam to work with Streamyard and Source Record is working again. I can't upgrade OBS past 27.x, it's full of problems for me (virtual cam freezing, source record not loading). Also now have an issue with Streamdeck. If I upgrade the software past 6.0.0, it crashes whenever I play a sounrboard (play audio) sound. It's been fun...