OBS 29.1.1 Crashes When Using DeckLink Output

New to the forum and new OBS user. We began using OBS in our church in February 2023 to stream our services. We have been very pleased with OBS, however, after updating to 29.1. DeckLink Output now causes the application to crash when we attempt to send desktop video to our primary monitors in the auditorium. The video initially displays on our primary monitors through Decklink 1, however, the video then freezes on external monitors, but not the computer monitors. when the stop button is clicked, OBS crashes and must be restarted. We have uploaded previous crash reports. This has happened multiple times since the 29.1.1 update was installed. and we are not able to display powerpoints or videos at this time. This issue was not occurring before the update. Any assistance is most welcome!

Attachments

• OBS Crash.jpg
    OBS Crash.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 59
Continuing to Crash after updating to 29.1.2 using DeckLink Output. DeckLink Output causes the application to crash when we attempt to send desktop video to our primary monitors in the auditorium. The video initially displays on our primary monitors through Decklink 1, however, the video then freezes on external monitors, but not the computer monitors. when the stop button is clicked, OBS crashes and must be restarted. We have uploaded previous crash reports. This has happened multiple times since the 29.1.1 and now the 29.1.2 update was installed on 5/31/2023. We are not able to display PowerPoint or videos at this time for our services. This issue was not occurring before the update. Link to Crash reports below. We welcome any assistance or the opportunity to roll back to 29.1.0

san_drino

Hi, I have a similar problem, or rather, I also have problems with the alpha output. I have a Mac but I think it is related to the new release 29 in general. No one seems to have such a problem (really?), I searched for info and made a post in the forum but got no answers https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-29-1-decklink-output-alpha-error.166360/. The solution for me was to go back to 28.1.2.
https://github.com/obsproject/obs-s....1.2/OBS-Studio-28.1.2-Full-Installer-x64.exe You can uninstall the current version and reinstall the previous one. You may have to review the functionality of some sources/plugins and do an export of the scene collection first. Hope that helps.

diskimage

Try updating the Black Magic desktop video application. I was having the same crashing issue and after updating to version 12.6, it does not crash anymore for me.