Question / Help OBS 25.0.8 crashing on open in macOS 10.13.6

benjamintennant

Every time I open OBS it crashes. I'm on macOS 10.13.6. It was working just fine earlier. The latest change I made was an OS security update last night. But it did open for a bit after that.

Crash report:

Rob Cron

Im having exactly the same problem... which started today after an OS update I think? Cannot open OBS at all anymore, and have uninstalled and reinstalled like 10 time... Having the exact problem as Benjamintennant is. hope there is a fix or an answer soon

Attachments

• OBS Crash MAC OSX 10.13.6.pdf
    141.4 KB · Views: 94

Jay Leonhart

Im having exactly the same problem... which started today after an OS update I think? Cannot open OBS at all anymore, and have uninstalled and reinstalled like 10 time... Having the exact problem as Benjamintennant is. hope there is a fix or an answer soon

unlimitedsounds

mine crashes at random on 10.13.6. Especially if I click on STUDIO MODE. I can go back to an older build and its is fine. I think it is something in the latest OBS. They have already had to fix the text tool for 10.13.6 so I am assuming there is more to fix.

floydM

Im having exactly the same problem... which started today after an OS update I think? Cannot open OBS at all anymore, and have uninstalled and reinstalled like 10 time... Having the exact problem as Benjamintennant is. ....

so do I !!!
I'm having the "not -openning -problem" too on high sierra 10.13.4

when I uninstall obs (studio obs-mac-24.0.2 or 6) with AppCleaner

i find the attached crash report
(which i'm unable to locate via finder)
the obs folders in ... /library/application support / obs....
don't seem to exist
very strange ...

did anyone manage to solve the problem???

Is there anybody out there at all ???
thanX for a hint

best
floydM

Attachments

• obs_2020-11-07-112901_michis-MacBookPro-4.pdf
    80.3 KB · Views: 43

MedusaPhoenix

Im having exactly the same problem... which started today after an OS update I think? Cannot open OBS at all anymore, and have uninstalled and reinstalled like 10 time... Having the exact problem as Benjamintennant is. ....

so do I !!!
I'm having the "not -openning -problem" too on high sierra 10.13.4

when I uninstall obs (studio obs-mac-24.0.2 or 6) with AppCleaner

i find the attached crash report
(which i'm unable to locate via finder)
the obs folders in ... /library/application support / obs....
don't seem to exist
very strange ...

did anyone manage to solve the problem???

Is there anybody out there at all ???
thanX for a hint

best
floydM

this is similar to the issue I'm having, no matter the version I have downloaded it crashes immediately after launch after updating my OS to 10.13.6

is it something with the update from OS? I'm stuck.

bonbon

I'm having this same problem and wondering what the solution could be. On Mac Pro with 10.13.6
OBS crashes upon launch--have deleted the application file and the "obs-studio" folder in Application Support. No luck. Not wanting to switch to Streamlabs but might have to for now.

This might be the reason?
Code:
Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: ____chkstk_darwin
  Referenced from: /Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libssl.1.1.dylib (which was built for Mac OS X 10.15)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

webdevelops

I'm on 10.13.6 and I use OBS 24.0.6. So far it works well recording from my external video capture card, no crashing. My desktop capture is black though so I'm still working on that, newer macs you have to allow screen recording, so I'm not sure if it's related. Debating whether to jump on the Mojave wagon...