Question / Help OBS 23.2.1 Recording Intense Dropped Frames

BrenGamer

For the love of god someone just tell me what's wrong. I never had any problems of any kind and then one day a few months back OBS updates and recording is impossible. I have tried auto-configuration wizard to no avail and watched many videos demonstrating settings, but of course they're all outdated because OBS can't just stay the same for five seconds. Here's an example of what a recording looks like: https://youtu.be/EmA65fC21Gs
And I have posted screenshots of my settings and the most recent log. Please Jesus Christ just help me I just want to make funny YouTube videos.

Attachments

• Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    51.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    30.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    58.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 2019-07-17 09-33-31.txt
    13.7 KB · Views: 24

BrenGamer

I've run the wizard. I changed the output file type. I lowered the bitrate. I just don't know what it wants from me.

Attachments

• 2019-07-17 14-56-15.txt
    22.5 KB · Views: 24

Tarumes

change encoder to x264 and switch to Lossless Quality this should have the lowest cpu impact
but creates huge very huge files

BrenGamer

Switching to x264 worked nicely. Everyone was telling me to use the Nvidia and apparently it sabotaged my graphics. Recordings still stutter (about 15% of frames dropped) and the game settings are already really low. No matter how I fiddle with settings it just won't have it. The weirdest thing is that I never used to have this problem. Could my CPU just be wearing out?

Attachments

• 2019-07-17 15-33-50.txt
    15.4 KB · Views: 25