OBS 21.1.1 Audio Crackling Issue

Snyderfly

Over the past couple of weeks, when I start my stream up, viewers have told me that my audio is crackling a lot, and the only way I found that I could fix it was to restart OBS. I thought it was because I was using Voicemeeter as my audio source, so I re-setup my mic and headset to not need voicemeeter for streaming. My last stream, everything was fine for the first hour, and then out of nowhere, the sound got crackly for the viewers again. I changed some settings while streaming to see if it was just my mic or my sample rate, but all of my sample rates everywhere (OBS, Windows, Realtek, various audio drivers) are all set to 48kHz. I ended up having to stop streaming, relaunch OBS, then start streaming again and then it worked just fine for the rest of the stream. I really think it's on OBS's side. My mic is going into OBS via 3.5mm on the back of the PC so it isn't too much data transfer on USB.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this is or how to fix it?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2021-03-04 16-48-40.txt
    34.8 KB · Views: 491

FerretBomb

OBS 21.1.1 is also HORRIBLY outdated. Update your installation. 26.1.1 is the latest.

Just download the installer from https://obsproject.com/ and install over your existing installation.
I think 21.x.x was the one with the bugged auto-updater, if memory serves.

Snyderfly

Hmm thats interesting. I double checked everything beforehand...this is confusing to me. I'll need to look into why it says 44.1.
UPDATE: I checked out the log, and this info is under my Cam Link, in which the audio is not active or in my mixer. I looked around, but haven't found a way to change the sample rate of the cam link. I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't figured it out yet. Regardless, I feel like this shouldn't be an issue because I am not capturing my camera audio. Let me know if that's not the case though.

Tomasz Góral

Always adjust the parameters to the worst device you have, i.e. if you have 44.1kHz and you can't change everything set to 44.1kHz.

TheCoderJT

Always adjust the parameters to the worst device you have, i.e. if you have 44.1kHz and you can't change everything set to 44.1kHz.

What do you mean? My mic default format is 1 channel 16bit at 48kHz so do I set all my playback and recording devices to that? Currently, All my playback and and recording devices except my microphone are set to 2 channel 24bit 48kHz and my mic can only go as high as 1 channel 16bit at 48kHz. When i'm doing test recordings and listening back to the audio samples I'm hearing subtle crackling sounds. not sure if this is the cause.