OBS 0.52.08 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 5646

Re: OBS 0.52.05 toast build - quicksync

Registered today to say thank you. I was looking for a software solution to capture game footage using my igpu from my i5. It works for me but I still have some reading and some tweaking to do. Absolutely amazing! I'll be back

core i5 2500k, hd 7970 ,asus maximus IV gene- Z

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Re: OBS 0.52.06 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

New build is out, changes are in the main post.

DAOWAce

That coincidence. I checked for a new build only minutes before the update.

Changelog looks tasty.

prophetmatteo

Just out of curiosity, are you planning on adding a Sandbox Editing for Scenes? One of the main things that OBS lacks is the ability to make changes to a scene, without anyone seeing you making those changes while you're streaming, it would be very useful for people like myself that often use OBS when streaming Tournaments.

Gol D. Ace

Is CBR padding like a more strict CBR ?

It seems like you broke something in OpenGL ganes,

3mmiM.jpg

Fas

prophetmatteo said:
Just out of curiosity, are you planning on adding a Sandbox Editing for Scenes? One of the main things that OBS lacks is the ability to make changes to a scene, without anyone seeing you making those changes while you're streaming, it would be very useful for people like myself that often use OBS when streaming Tournaments.
I would really much love that aswell!

Thanks again Jim, with the new build I can properly switch the scenes with CTRL + Numpad without having the Numpad scene displayed for a slight second - great :)

paibox

heros in an halfshel

CBR padding is the old default mode when using CBR, it's about as stable as it gets without limiting the buffer and downgrading visual quality. Disabling padding lets you adjust the bit rate while broadcasting, that's the main reason that the padding has been made optional.

Gol D. Ace

paibox said:
Disabling padding lets you adjust the bit rate while broadcasting, that's the main reason that the padding has been made optional.

Wait you mean I can change the bitrate in the settings and they will change "Live" in the Stream?

paibox

heros in an halfshel

Yep. Works with VBR and CBR with padding disabled, so in case your connection craps out in the middle of a stream, you can adjust the bit rate if you want to.

Gol D. Ace

Ok that is really a nice feature.

Now only gamecapture for opengl have to work and I'm happy (erasing the text in Super Hexagon).

Kharay

Jim said:
New build is out, changes are in the main post.
Several odd and semi-serious issues. I have been streaming SNES and PSX titles, using Snes9x-rr and ePSXe 1.80 to emulate the titles on my PC.

This new build, 0.52.06 misbehaves poorly in relation to said emulators. The previous build had no trouble whatsoever properly streaming either emulator in the correct resolutions. This build however makes ePSXe simply crash the moment I start previewing or actually streaming. ePSXe simply stops functioning and completely crashes. Given the fact a new OpenGL capture was implemented and I am using an OpenGL GPU plugin for ePSXe, it does stand to reason that something about this new build causes corruption somewhere in either the emulator or the GPU plugin for it.

Secondly, Snes9x-rr used to look just fine on-stream. However, in this new build the capture is either reduced in size (when streaming at the full resolution) or is cropped (when streaming downscaled). Within the emulator the game I am emulating looks just as it did before but to OBS it's just... distorted, somehow.

Going back to the previous build for the time being, as that one did not give me any problems whatsoever, throughout 100+ hours of streaming.

Technical:
  • ePSXe
    • GPU plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 2.9
    • Resolution: Windowed, 1366 x 768 (OpenGL)
  • Snes9x-rr v1.51
    • Resolution: Windowed, 1920 x 1080 (Direct3D)

Gol D. Ace

Yep something is broken with opengl games.
In super hexagon for example the text turns into blocks.

Floatingthru

Community Helper

The only things that I can capture with OpenGL now are Higan and Snes9x(emulators), real games do not want to get captured at all. Windowed/Fullscreen didn't matter, and running Admin or not made no difference on the game and or obs. Hotkey method or not did not make a difference either. Tested with Minecraft, Amnesia, Game Dev Tycoon, Quake 3, and Quake live. Might be just that Nvidia cards are giving the most trouble with the new OpenGL Capture.

This log was from trying to capture Amnesia, but the other games produced the same.

Logfile

http://pastebin.com/GanswkLJ

Capture Hook Log

http://pastebin.com/XisPsgEP

Kharay

Floatingthru said:
Might be just that Nvidia cards are giving the most trouble with the new OpenGL Capture.
AMD HD 6870 here (so not an nVidia) and not even emulators are capturing properly for me.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

Uploaded a minor fix to the GL capture. Also please make sure your drivers are up-to-date as it may require the latest drivers to work properly due to the extensions used.

paibox

heros in an halfshel

Kharay: Not quite sure what's up with snes9x, that one works fine for me in both D3D and OpenGL mode, but as for ePSXe you need to select the "render to pbuffer, copy to texture" render mode for the GS plugin itself.

As for Super Hexagon and Amnesia, I sadly don't have those games, so I can't test them. Though the issue is not necessarily NVIDIA cards, since I have a GTX 670 myself.

dehixem

Hey Jim, I know this was suggested a couple of times but here I go : could you please add a delay feature for video capture devices such as webcams ? As I have the Elgato Game capture ( 2 seconds of delay by default) the audio isn't synchronized with lip flaps.

I hope it isn't to difficult to implement but it would sure help elgato device users :)

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

"Use buffering" does the same thing. Just set your webcam to 2000 milliseconds.

Kharay

Jim said:
Uploaded a minor fix to the GL capture. Also please make sure your drivers are up-to-date as it may require the latest drivers to work properly due to the extensions used.
The minor fix did fix the crash issues with ePSXe. However, the displacement now exists there as well. As well as cropping issues going on as well.

Here, have a look at what I mean, a picture is worth a thousand words, as they say:

Even to someone unfamiliar with FFVII's main title it should be obvious this is not how it's supposed to look.

And, again, on the powder toast build it is fine. Perfectly centered, aligned, no cropping, no shift, nothing weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.