OBS 0.52.08 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xphome

Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

godlesas said:
What's cbr padding?
paibox said:
CBR padding is the old default mode when using CBR, it's about as stable as it gets without limiting the buffer and downgrading visual quality. Disabling padding lets you adjust the bit rate while broadcasting, that's the main reason that the padding has been made optional.
 

Rough

Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

I have i7 3770k and gtx titan
and quicksync is grayed out
is it normal ?
 

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

That depends, your motherboard needs to support the Intel GPU, and if you don't have a monitor connected to it, you also need to follow the instructions available to activate it listed in this tutorial: http://mirillis.com/en/products/tutoria ... ktops.html

While there is a headless (no need for a monitor connected or "connected" to the Intel GPU) mode available in the latest source code for Ivy Bridge processors (such as the 3770K), that isn't available in this test build.
 

Wolli

New Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

Rough said:
I have i7 3770k and gtx titan
and quicksync is grayed out
is it normal ?
i had problem too, getting quicksync to work with my 4770k
follow this tutorial (just skip the last steps about "action!" recording tool
did it for me and now i can stream in very high quality 1080p with absolute no lag

http://de.twitch.tv/wollihd/b/422590873
the lag in the last secs is caused by my internet that was a lil bitchy atm

here some bf3 http://de.twitch.tv/wollihd/b/422601506
 
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

Seems like for Quick Sync with same bitrate have not difirence how many fps you set, quality of picture with 30 and 60+ fps is same. Yes, quality is poor, but what you want from nothing ?

I stream some bf3 tdm action in 75 fps, some times looks like it less then 75 fps, but most of time it looks like 75 fps. Can't find out way capture OBS.exe window to see have stable 75 fps or not in game time. Window mode for bf3 is down my fps some how.

Use i5-3450, hd2500 graphics. Quick Sync 1.0 i guess, i heard Quick Sync 2.0(hd4000 and better) make better quality image.

Example 1280x1024 75fps 3600-4200 kpbs, http://twitch.tv/ivannew2012/b/422613328

Some times i got frame drops, but it's my internet.
 

Wolli

New Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

i would either run 30fps for maximum quality or 60fps for best smooth picture but much less quality
u ( or most viewers) wont see any differance between 60 or 75 fps, but the quality difference can be huge.
i mean u need to encode 15frames more per sec and u dont get higher bitrate so the result is more pixalated.

i got the best results with 1080p 30fps 4000 bitrate
quality level 8
x264 setting "fast"

for 60 fps i would go for 720p with 4000 bitrate
 
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

x264 and Quick Sync H.264 is diffirent things, for x264 cpu encode 30 and 60 fps is huge difference cpu usage, Quick Sync not use cpu(maybe a little) and can handle 60+ fps with same poor quality as 30 fps with same bitrate.

x264 and H.264 need find difference between previous and next pictures, if it be 30 fps, it be big difference between pictures, if it be 60 fps it be small difference between pictures and need same bitrate. Maybe i wrong, but i don't see difference in quality of image for 30fps and 60fps using Quick Sync.

I can't stream x264, even in 720p 30fps with veryfast preset. Actually can, but need downgrade fps in game to 60 fps. Can't play with 60 fps, everything is too slow for me.
 

Wolli

New Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

i just tested cod 4 with 1080p and 30fps vs 60fps and 60fps looked way more blurry but it was just a first test of mine, so im gonna do some more research
 

xD4rkFire

Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

ivannew2012 said:
Seems like for Quick Sync with same bitrate have not difirence how many fps you set, quality of picture with 30 and 60+ fps is same. Yes, quality is poor, but what you want from nothing ?

I stream some bf3 tdm action in 75 fps, some times looks like it less then 75 fps, but most of time it looks like 75 fps. Can't find out way capture OBS.exe window to see have stable 75 fps or not in game time. Window mode for bf3 is down my fps some how.

Use i5-3450, hd2500 graphics. Quick Sync 1.0 i guess, i heard Quick Sync 2.0(hd4000 and better) make better quality image.

Example 1280x1024 75fps 3600-4200 kpbs, http://twitch.tv/ivannew2012/b/422613328

Some times i got frame drops, but it's my internet.
What settings are you using? Bitrate, quality balance, etc...
 
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

1280x1024, 75fps, bitrate 3600 kpbs, CBR, Enable CBR padding, buffer size 3600, Quick Sync enabled.
Looks like quality balance has no effect with Quick Sync enabled.

With bitrate of 10000 kbps or more(don't test it seriously, just test 20000 kbps) quality of image is great. Fraps don't needed anymore.
 

xD4rkFire

Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

ivannew2012 said:
1280x1024, 75fps, bitrate 3600 kpbs, CBR, Enable CBR padding, buffer size 3600, Quick Sync enabled.
Looks like quality balance has no effect with Quick Sync enabled.

With bitrate of 10000 kbps or more(don't test it seriously, just test 20000 kbps) quality of image is great. Fraps don't needed anymore.
The reason quality balance doesn't have any effect is because you have CBR on, not because of Quick Sync.
 

Rough

Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

Wolli said:
Rough said:
I have i7 3770k and gtx titan
and quicksync is grayed out
is it normal ?
i had problem too, getting quicksync to work with my 4770k
follow this tutorial (just skip the last steps about "action!" recording tool
did it for me and now i can stream in very high quality 1080p with absolute no lag

http://de.twitch.tv/wollihd/b/422590873
the lag in the last secs is caused by my internet that was a lil bitchy atm

here some bf3 http://de.twitch.tv/wollihd/b/422601506
This is the one tab that I found that have anything to do with the iGPU thingy
Do I need to change something here or keep it like that ?
 
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

Actually difference between Quick Sync 30 fps and 60 fps with same 3600 bitrate is present, but not twice difference in quality of picture for my eye. Encode same video with different setting of fps.
 

LavaK

New Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

http://mirillis.com/en/products/tutorials/action-tutorial-intel-quick-sync-setup_for_desktops.html

Rough said:
Wolli said:
Rough said:
I have i7 3770k and gtx titan
and quicksync is grayed out
is it normal ?
i had problem too, getting quicksync to work with my 4770k
follow this tutorial (just skip the last steps about "action!" recording tool
did it for me and now i can stream in very high quality 1080p with absolute no lag

http://de.twitch.tv/wollihd/b/422590873
the lag in the last secs is caused by my internet that was a lil bitchy atm

here some bf3 http://de.twitch.tv/wollihd/b/422601506
This is the one tab that I found that have anything to do with the iGPU thingy
Do I need to change something here or keep it like that ?
 

Momentum

Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

Yea, its enabled now Rough, now just follow the tutorial LavaK posted, and QuickSync will be enabled in OBS
 

Voxletum

Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

LavaK, QuickSync does not work with some of the newer BIOS versions for that particular motherboard.
 

Geoning

Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

Error: Texture->Map failed: 0x887a0005 0x887a0006

Capture Game D3D9 - League of Legends

I ran OBS with Nvidia (force it for capture desktop and Game Capture)
Crash with and without OpenCL.

14:27:07: Server Ping plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 24 strings
14:29:18: Open Broadcaster Software v0.52.07b aquaman build - 64bit ( ^ω^)
14:29:18: -------------------------------
14:29:18: CPU Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
14:29:18: CPU Speed: 2494MHz
14:29:18: Physical Memory: 8081MB Total, 5748MB Free
14:29:18: stepping id: 9, model 10, family 6, type 0, extmodel 1, extfamily 0, HTT 1, logical cores 4, total cores 2
14:29:18: monitor 1: pos={0, 0}, size={1600, 900}
14:29:18: Windows Version: 6.2 Build 9200
14:29:18: Aero is Enabled
14:29:18: -------------------------------
14:29:18: OBS Modules:
14:29:18: Base Address Module
14:29:18: 000000005A620000 OBS.exe
14:29:18: 0000000010A50000 OBSApi.dll
14:29:18: 000000001C780000 DShowPlugin.dll
14:29:18: 0000000013230000 GraphicsCapture.dll
14:29:18: 000000001D5D0000 NoiseGate.dll
14:29:18: 000000001F790000 PSVPlugin.dll
14:29:18: 0000000012330000 scenesw.dll
14:29:18: 0000000012300000 ServerPingPlugin.dll
14:29:18: ------------------------------------------
14:29:18: Adapter 1
14:29:18: Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
14:29:18: Video Adapter Dedicated Video Memory: 2087518208
14:29:18: Video Adapter Shared System Memory: 2147479552
14:29:18: ------------------------------------------
14:29:18: Adapter 2
14:29:18: Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
14:29:18: Video Adapter Dedicated Video Memory: 2087518208
14:29:18: Video Adapter Shared System Memory: 2147479552
14:29:18: ------------------------------------------
14:29:18: Adapter 3
14:29:18: Video Adapter: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
14:29:18: Video Adapter Dedicated Video Memory: 2087518208
14:29:18: Video Adapter Shared System Memory: 2147479552
14:29:18: =====Stream Start: 2013-07-01, 14:29:18===============================================
14:29:18: Multithreaded optimizations: On
14:29:18: Base resolution: 1600x900
14:29:18: Output resolution: 1280x720
14:29:18: ------------------------------------------
14:29:19: Loading up D3D10...
14:29:19: Playback device Default
14:29:19: ------------------------------------------
14:29:19: Using desktop audio input: Głośniki (Realtek High Definition Audio)
14:29:19: ------------------------------------------
14:29:19: Using auxilary audio input: Headset Microphone (Sound Blaster Tactic(3D) Sigma)
14:29:19: ------------------------------------------
14:29:19: Audio Encoding: AAC
14:29:19: bitrate: 320
14:29:19: Using Monitor Capture
14:29:19: Using custom x264 settings: "partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i8x8,i4x4 bframes=2 ref=1 me=dia subme=1 no-mixed-refs no-weightb rc_lookahead=61 tune=animation opencl=false opencl_device=1"
14:29:19: ------------------------------------------
14:29:19: Video Encoding: x264
14:29:19: fps: 60
14:29:19: width: 1280, height: 720
14:29:19: preset: veryfast
14:29:19: CBR: yes
14:29:19: CFR: no
14:29:19: max bitrate: 3000
14:29:19: ------------------------------------------
14:29:19:
14:29:19: Profiler result for the last frame:
14:29:19: ==============================================================
14:29:19: frame - [time: 17.373 ms (cpu time: 15.625 ms)]
14:29:19: | scene->Preprocess - [time: 15.768 ms (cpu time: 15.625 ms)]
14:29:19: | video encoding and uploading - [time: 0.001 ms (cpu time: 0 ms)]
14:29:19: ==============================================================
14:29:19:
14:34:46: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
14:34:46: New Scene
14:34:46: Using graphics capture
14:34:49: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
14:34:49: New Scene
14:34:57: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
14:34:57: New Scene
14:34:57: Using graphics capture
14:34:57: SharedTexCapture hooked
14:35:14: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
14:35:14: New Scene
14:35:23: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
14:35:23: New Scene
14:35:23: Using graphics capture
14:35:23: SharedTexCapture hooked

Error: Texture->Map failed: 0x887a0005 0x887a0006

Your video card or driver froze and was reset. Please check for possible hardware / driver issues.
 

DAOWAce

Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

Having issues with Game Capture injected into an OpenGL rendering pipeline (or so it says).

I'm running a PSX emulator (ePSXe) and using a software based GPU plugin (BladeSoft) and when I attach Game Capture to it I suffer from random sluggishness, as if I'm dropping frames in my own video feed. XSplit has this issue as well, but not as bad.

Obviously, this won't be a widespread issue at all, but it would still be nice if it was looked into.

The next title I emulate I may switch back to a hardware based GPU plugin so I can't really test until then (even if I tested now and it worked fine I still wouldn't use it due to accuracy issues). Still, it would be good to troubleshoot, so maybe..

Edit: It still happens with a hardware based OpenGL plugin. Looks like both programs don't like this particular type of OpenGL rendering.

When using a DirectX plugin (DX7 I think) OBS only produces a black screen.

Also happens when taking Dxtory's output. Dxtory by itself exhibits no issues so far in my testing.

Looks like I'm going to be living with this random sluggishness until an actual developer/programmer looks into what's happening. /sigh
 

Geoning

Member
Re: OBS 0.52.07 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

DAOWAce said:
Having issues with Game Capture injected into an OpenGL rendering pipeline (or so it says).

I'm running a PSX emulator (ePSXe) and using a software based GPU plugin (BladeSoft) and when I attach Game Capture to it I suffer from random sluggishness, as if I'm dropping frames in my own video feed. XSplit has this issue as well, but not as bad.

Obviously, this won't be a widespread issue at all, but it would still be nice if it was looked into.

The next title I emulate I may switch back to a hardware based GPU plugin so I can't really test until then (even if I tested now and it worked fine I still wouldn't use it due to accuracy issues). Still, it would be good to troubleshoot, so maybe..

Edit: It still happens with a hardware based OpenGL plugin. Looks like both programs don't like this particular type of OpenGL rendering.

When using a DirectX plugin (DX7 I think) OBS only produces a black screen.

Also happens when taking Dxtory's output. Dxtory by itself exhibits no issues so far in my testing.

Looks like I'm going to be living with this random sluggishness until an actual developer/programmer looks into what's happening. /sigh
Game Capture works only with DX9+
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top