OBS 0.52.08 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kharay

Re: OBS 0.52.08 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvem

I do use ePSXe as well, using an OpenGL GPU plugin as well and I have never had this issue you're describing. May I ask -- what version of ePSXe, which OpenGL GPU plugin and which version of that plugin?

Regarding the black screen with a DX7 plugin -- OBS requires DX10 or above. But when you use the DX7 plugin, Windows Capture should still be an option. Just run ePSXe as a window and capture the Inner Window. Should be fine and should look the same as Game Capture.

Edit: You know, to avoid polluting this topic, let's take this situation to either a separate topic as well or to the PM system. Your choice.

skylarblu

Luk said:
skylarblu said:
How do you have and enable a fake monitor? it's the only thing I haven't tried yet, I thought an actual physical second monitor would make it work lol.

See here: http://mirillis.com/en/products/tutoria ... ktops.html

Afterwards you can disable the extended display using Windows + P to prevent your mouse and windows from popping up on the fake monitor.

Still nothing, Quick Sync was selectable in the previous build but not this one.
Edit: I've just tried out the old build, it's no longer selectable in that build either.

skylarblu

Quick Sync started working and I don't know why, the only way to have it work without the Extend mode on is to have the only extra display be a fake one, if the second display is a real one then extend mode must be on for it to work.

I posted about the intel bug earlier with a log, Intels job to fix these bug(s) I guess?

Edit: The fake display also requires extend mode to be on, this isn't ideal since the mouse cursor runs off the edge sometimes.

Edit: I use http://www.murgee.com/ MurGeeMon for locking the cursor to a single monitor so that my game doesn't tab out to the desktop anymore (it did that when the cursor ran off the edge of the screen).

h8m3

Quakelive crashes with the latest build after some time(within 15 mins of streaming usually), the memory usage of process increases till it finally just disappears. Guess it has to do with new opengl capture. The OBS itself stays fine

Gol D. Ace

h8m3 said:
Quakelive crashes with the latest build after some time(within 15 mins of streaming usually), the memory usage of process increases till it finally just disappears. Guess it has to do with new opengl capture. The OBS itself stays fine

Yeah there is some kind of memory leak when capturing OpenGL games. They are aware of the issue and already working on a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.