Question / Help NVIDIA Optimus and OBS

anhdvu

My laptop comes with NVIDIA Optimus. So I would like to ask if it would give more performance such as less dropped frame, faster encoding, etc...when I set OBS to use the dedicated graphics card.
Besides, can you explain how to read the log files.

I've been trying OBS for couple days and I really like it. This piece of software is awesome. Keep up guys
Thanks a lot.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hey! About log files, viewtopic.php?f=6&t=97 is info on how to post a log file if you need to.

As for optimus, I have no clue what kind of affect it would have on the program. You may have to try it to see if it makes any difference.

anhdvu

Thanks for quick reply.
What I meant about the log files was that how I can make sense of them.
I know I may be asking too much from you since it might take a lot of time to explain the meaning of "profiler results" part.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Much of the log stuff is really not necessarily meant to be read by the average user, but sure. Profiler results determine how long specific chunks of code are taking to execute.

Muf

Forum Moderator
anhdvu said:
My laptop comes with NVIDIA Optimus. So I would like to ask if it would give more performance such as less dropped frame, faster encoding, etc...when I set OBS to use the dedicated graphics card.

Read this thread for some insights:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=75