Question / Help Nvidia NVENC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazy

Town drunk
As with all hardware encoders, you are trading quality for performance. Your mileage may very, and everyone has different acceptable quality standards.

JoHien

Hello, how do I get a valid license key? I can't download BtbN prebuilt obsNvenc.dll because the link is not working. I have GTX 770 by the way.

DieForSoS

Hello. What this means?

NFwwt9ROIpk.jpg

Videocard: GeForce GTX 650 Ti | NVIDIA Kepler

Devvz

Unfortunately for me, the latest beta nvidia drivers seem to be very unstable. Display driver keeps crashing, which in turn kills my OBS stream.

Only game I have tested this in is Everquest Next: Landmark, but I have since switched to the 332.21 drivers in high hopes that a new beta driver is released. I believe that Nvidia has replicated this issue and is currently working on a fix.

cKy

Krazy said:
Ahhhh cool, please let us know!

Sorry for the late response but regrettably this was not the case, It does not seem to work with the latest BETA drivers..

All I need is someone to exceed 30fps using NVENC :D

cKy

PermTrouble said:
Are you guys seeing a nice quality from nvenc?

The reason I like to use it is because I find there is no noticeable degradation to a games performance while streaming i.e CSGO

Xphome

cKy said:
All I need is someone to exceed 30fps using NVENC :D
I recorded a 1080p60 video about a month ago with NVENC. Using 332.21 I believe, with a DLL provided by BtbN.

Krazy

Town drunk
The problem is streaming to Twitch, not recording locally.

edit: It used to work fine on Twitch, but then something changed and now it doesn't. It was within the last couple weeks or so.

cKy

Krazy said:
The problem is streaming to Twitch, not recording locally.

edit: It used to work fine on Twitch, but then something changed and now it doesn't. It was within the last couple weeks or so.

Interesting, I will have to try again and see if it is something to do with my machine

cKy

alpinlol said:
streamed a 720p@60 a few days ago on llhq preset works without a problem. (to twitch obviously)

Thanks for letting me know

could you give me your OBS log so I could see the settings you used so I may compare ?

I'm getting the failed to initialize encode when trying to use NVENC. I am using the latest Nvidia 337.50 beta driver AND OBS 0.62b test build 1 64bit. Do I have to use the 32bit version or install some special .dll?

Status
Not open for further replies.