NVENC missing completly w/GPU drivers up to date.

DioFurry

Nvec isnt showing after last update, i tried with x264 but its lacking in comparation and the cpu utilization jumps to almost 100% without any games open.

Is there a way to fix this/get nvenc working again?

my Gpu drivers are up to date.
Cpu: Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Gpu: Msi RTX 2080 super
Motherboard: Prime X670-P Wifi
Ram: 32 GB DDR5 Corsair (2 x 16) at 5600 mhz

any steps to follow? i already updated both cpu and gpu drivers and restarted my system but nothing seems to be working.

Uploaded current and previous log files.

Attachments

• 2023-12-07 12-47-34.txt
    42.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 2023-12-07 12-33-30.txt
    71.9 KB · Views: 5

koala

OBS isn't able to find any GPU. There is no GPU except the "Microsoft Basic Renderer" visible. This might happen if you're connected via rdp (don't do that), or the drivers are defective (do a complete uninstall and reinstall), or may be you didn't connect your monitor to the external GPU.

DioFurry

OBS isn't able to find any GPU. There is no GPU except the "Microsoft Basic Renderer" visible. This might happen if you're connected via rdp (don't do that), or the drivers are defective (do a complete uninstall and reinstall), or may be you didn't connect your monitor to the external GPU.
Not connected though rdp and the connection is though display port to the monitor. i will however do a clean drive install and come back with the result.

DioFurry

Unfortunatly it did not work so i will be performing an obs clean install as well! wish me luck!

DioFurry

Unsuccess, i cleaned installed drivers, clean installed OBS and used the auto set up wizzard, still no can do.
I tried, basic and advanced settings and even though recording does show me AOM AV1, SVT-AV1 and x264 on the streaming its only showing me the x264.

link for log down.

1701957696862.png
1701957678120.png
1701957664257.png
1701957629588.png

DioFurry

Any help is appreciated. ^

steps so far,

reinstalled drivers game ready,
reinstalled obs,
clean installed drivers game ready version 546.29 ,
clean installed obs,
clean installed studio drivers version 546.01

APP launches but still locked to x264

Please do tell me if you had similar experience or if you know how to fix it.

DioFurry

Also i think its worth pointing out that i am starting to wonder if this is software related, maybe a poor install? as SLOBs seesm to be detecting the GPU and offering the Option for Nvenc
1701961566160.png