NVEnc Feedback thread (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoax

I am still extremely interested in Nvidia's NVFBC and NVIFR as from what I understand, gives you better performance when reading back frames from the front buffer. Thanks again guys and you can expect some $$ from me.
I assumed NVFBC and NVIFR were implemented. The case being that recording sessions barely touch my CPU now as opposed to exhausting it with x264 options. Surely there's no big need for them in OBS.

Boildown

Nvidia was supposed to be contacting the OBS devs to work out why NVEnc wasn't working with the current beta drivers. Has this actually happened? Manuel Guzman said something to the effect on Twitter a bit back.

Boildown

My fault, the 337.50 problem thread has the info, but I didn't have that thread on watch like I thought, so I didn't notice BtbN's update.

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Partially because random links to DLLs are not encouraged, and wasn't this fixed in 0.624 already? I'm not even sure why you posted it to begin with.

I see, well thought it wasn't fixed so just thought, well as i build the latest source, why not just post it to make them happy until it's done by you.

Helixia

With high bitrate N|VENC looks great!
But i have a problem when i use NVENC i suffer from "memory leaks".
I tried to stream in Defeault, High Performance and High Quality.

Last log File: http://pastebin.com/p9dMwb2d (local stream)

I'm not sure if it is Twitch and/or NVENC everytime i stream my stream buffers a lot.
When i stream i almost play everytime Giuld Wars 2.
I stream at 720p with 3000/3500 kb/sec.
My ineternet speed and ISP can both handle that.

Yoshen

With high bitrate N|VENC looks great!
But i have a problem when i use NVENC i suffer from "memory leaks".
I tried to stream in Defeault, High Performance and High Quality.

Last log File: http://pastebin.com/p9dMwb2d (local stream)

I'm not sure if it is Twitch and/or NVENC everytime i stream my stream buffers a lot.
When i stream i almost play everytime Giuld Wars 2.
I stream at 720p with 3000/3500 kb/sec.
My ineternet speed and ISP can both handle that.

I've been trying to stream NVNEC to twitch since it came out and I have 150/60 Mb FIOS and have the same problems with Twitch throttling streams... (My streams on twitch buffer even at 480p) so I started streaming to HitBox which has been working great for me so far...

FortuN

The new settings in obs such as "2-pass streaming" is actually very good quality. However, i can't use it proberly since im on 660TI. But i tested it (With alot of flimmering) and the quality was really really good. I tested with Cs-Go at 60fps 1536x864.

Justin Johns

Re: 0.60 test build 1

The recording is already starting auto.

But... The recording isn't stopping when you stop the stream.
So having the possibility to stop the recording auto when you stop the stream would be nice.

Set a hot key and for some reason nvenc cause your stream to be like 5-10mins behind, but doesnt drop a frame.

isamu

The new settings in obs such as "2-pass streaming" is actually very good quality. However, i can't use it proberly since im on 660TI. But i tested it (With alot of flimmering) and the quality was really really good. I tested with Cs-Go at 60fps 1536x864.

What is 2-pass streaming? Link to an explanation?

ezoray

I'm getting a repeatable crash when using NVENC encoding.

I can record with High Quality fine, but High Quality Low Latency causes OBS to lock up within a second or two. High Performance Low Latency seems fine.

I've attached log etc files.

Attachments

• OBSCrashLog2014-11-30_1.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 99
  • OBSCrashDump2014-11-30_1.dmp
    484.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 2014-11-30-1631-41.log
    7.5 KB · Views: 99

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I might have to start working on the nvenc stuff myself at some point to try to work out the issues, though I'm not entirely happy about it. I can't give any time frames on this however.

Boildown

There's no reason to use any of the low latency presets anyways. Just because they're present doesn't mean they should be used. Just stick to High Quality and High Performance and realize that at 1080p60 you must have a Maxwell-based GPU to use High Quality.

Two pass... if it even works for streaming its not being used correctly. Streaming is one-pass by definition. The other presets are designed for non-streaming applications and other than HQ and HP shouldn't be used with OBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.