NVEnc Feedback thread (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boildown

Re: 0.60 test build 7

alpinlol said:
what can i expect (qualitywise) with the "blueray disk" setting on nvenc? will it be better than high quality or worse? since the pdf doesnt tell anything about it and i've tested it but i cant really see much difference :/

You know what? You're right, that document is from the 2.0 release, not the latest release. So all that stuff I wrote might be wrong, and the BluRay preset isn't even listed. It would be nice if we could find the equivalent .pdf from the latest release of NVENC.

Blackhive

Boildown said:
alpinlol said:
what can i expect (qualitywise) with the "blueray disk" setting on nvenc? will it be better than high quality or worse? since the pdf doesnt tell anything about it and i've tested it but i cant really see much difference :/

You know what? You're right, that document is from the 2.0 release, not the latest release. So all that stuff I wrote might be wrong, and the BluRay preset isn't even listed. It would be nice if we could find the equivalent .pdf from the latest release of NVENC.

Unfortunately that note is the note given with the 3.0 release found here under resources:
https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk

Xphome

Blackhive said:
Boildown said:
alpinlol said:

Unfortunately that note is the note given with the 3.0 release found here under resources:
https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk
All the docs I see under Resources are about 2.0, where is this about 3.0 you are talking about?

Blackhive

Xphome said:
All the docs I see under Resources are about 2.0, where is this about 3.0 you are talking about?

I think you misread my sentence, i was stating that nvidia gives the 2.0 notes with the 3.0 sdk listed on the same page. there are no 3.0 notes

Xphome

Blackhive said:
Xphome said:

I think you misread my sentence, i was stating that nvidia gives the 2.0 notes with the 3.0 sdk listed on the same page. there are no 3.0 notes
Oh, I never thought you meant that since the post you quoted said that (pretty much).

Senshin

I don't know if it's already mentioned.
I would anyone advice with a i7 (don't know old models, but I think from sandy bridge and up) to stream with the cpu I think.
It's quality wise ALOT better then Nvenc or quick sync on lower bitrates for sure and really doesnt give much fps drops either.

Nvenc tested, working very good, only monitorcapture gives the viewers no screen (broken screen).
I go back to x264 presets after had good hopes to reduce some things, for now, if you have a good cpu Nvenc for now won't be better, and I think it will never better either but I don't know, will it get better in the future?

ynetwork

Any chance I may be able to record a game with sweetFX injection in the future? I understand the stuff shouldn't be on the priority and you guys are already improving the game capture many ways. I really don't want this reply looks like a rude request on your development. I just want to know if there is any talk or plan.. ;)

by the way, I always thank you guys for the great tool. My friends and I are having so much fun with OBS.

*edit: mistype! hope there is no more..

Hey guys,

I'm not sure how to give you an accurate description of this issue but i realized that with the latest test build, if i try to add an additional audio output device in my webcam for example, and if i output to stream only, the audio stream from that particular source will stutter.

If i revert to 0.592b, the problem goes away. i can add any additional audio source to any webcam and it works without stuttering.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer

soulreaver2662 - Get some time for testing and come by the chat room and private message me so I can debug the issue.. #obsproject on quakenet (or the webchat I suppose)

Say my name to get my attention when you get in, if you decide to come in (I hope you can make time to debug it)

Blackhive

I've noticed 1280x720p@30fps 3500 bitrate with nvenc has by far much better quality than @60fps with the same settings.At 60fps the picture starts to get blocky/chunky. although 3500 is excessive for 30fps it seems to help in this bit, 2500 also works well but 3500 the picture is a bit sharper (although probably unnoticeable to most)

Xphome

alpinlol said:
https://developer.nvidia.com/sites/default/files/akamai/cuda/files/CUDADownloads/NVENC_AppNote.pdf

if i go on page 13 theres a list of presets the nvenc can use. by simply typing hq in the custom parameter it changes to the hq preset and it also tells me this in the logs, but if i do the same with "CLOUD_GAMING_720p60", which is also listed as a pre defined preset, it doesnt show up in the logs.

The current SDK version is 3.0, that doc is for 2.0. You can find the 7 presets earlier in this thread.

Gol D. Ace

Blackhive said:
I've noticed 1280x720p@30fps 3500 bitrate with nvenc has by far much better quality than @60fps with the same settings.At 60fps the picture starts to get blocky/chunky. although 3500 is excessive for 30fps it seems to help in this bit, 2500 also works well but 3500 the picture is a bit sharper (although probably unnoticeable to most)

60 FPS will always look worse than 30 FPS.

Specially with hardware encoders and "low" bitrates.

Jim said:
soulreaver2662 - Get some time for testing and come by the chat room and private message me so I can debug the issue.. #obsproject on quakenet (or the webchat I suppose)

Say my name to get my attention when you get in, if you decide to come in (I hope you can make time to debug it)

Alright, i haven't logged into the channel for ages but i'll see if i can get mirc running again to drop by either later today or tomorrow. Work isn't being very kind right now.

Gol D. Ace

Noticed something tiny.

I think it's intentional because Recording and Streaming are more separate now.

Code:
04:25:59: Open Broadcaster Software v0.60b test build 7 (master/1b51e13) - 64bit ( ^ω^)
04:25:59: =====Stream Start: 2014-01-13, 04:25:59===============================================
04:26:12: =====Stream End: 2014-01-13, 04:26:12=================================================
04:26:19: =====Stream End: 2014-01-13, 04:26:19=================================================

HomeWorld

Developer

Gol D. Ace said:
Noticed something tiny.

Code:
04:25:59: Open Broadcaster Software v0.60b test build 7 (master/1b51e13) - 64bit ( ^ω^)
04:25:59: =====Stream Start: 2014-01-13, 04:25:59===============================================
04:26:12: =====Stream End: 2014-01-13, 04:26:12=================================================
04:26:19: =====Stream End: 2014-01-13, 04:26:19=================================================

It's not intentional as far as I can tell. I believe that this small side effect was introduced by https://github.com/jp9000/OBS/commit/c8 ... 06b70dcaea. I'll poke Palana about it when possible.

Palana

Developer

Gol D. Ace said:
Noticed something tiny.

Code:
Should be fixed by 984095b, pending further unforseen side effects

FomaDima

low latency high quality
780gtx
many frieze video
Other settings are meaningless because the quality is there horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.