NVENC error NV_ENC_ERR_UNSUPPORTED_PARAM on RTX2060 (TU106M)

koala

It's well and officially known that Lenovo distributed BIOS versions that disabled nvenc on Nvidia GPUs some time in the past. As far as I read the news about this, newer BIOS was released later to re-enable it. Just around the time this thread was started or a bit later.

So check for the available BIOS versions available for your Lonovo model. If there is a BIOS from summer this year or later, try that. It might come with re-enabled Nvenc. If this will not work, try some older as recommended in this thread. Usually, there isn't a problem with flashing a BIOS. Just do it accordingly to the Lenovo documentation.
If you have a Bitlocker-encrypted system drive, make sure you have the Bitlocker key printed and available for entering on boot - I have a Lenovo at work that once required me to enter the Bitlocker key after a BIOS upgrade. If you don't have Bitlocker, this doesn't apply.

Kakasheesh

The thing is I'm pretty confused by the previous threads because my Bios update looks nothing similar. They are downgrading from the fscn18ww version but mine is EUCN31WW as you can see. So do I downgrade to like 28 something or do I upgrade to see if its fixed?

Attachments

• image_2021-12-16_111149.png
    image_2021-12-16_111149.png
    59.7 KB · Views: 30

koala

I'm sorry I cannot help further. My Lenovo laptop is from my company, and I upgraded the BIOS when I got it blank and new and got a customized Windows installation USB stick with it for me to install Windows in the first place. It might be I upgraded the bios from within the system bios itself, but I don't remember.
I cannot dig any further how to do this, because it's a up and running company laptop.

Kakasheesh

Yes, thanks for your support I really appreciate that!! I'm posting on Lenovo forum and wait for their respond so it may take a while. Maybe while I'm waiting there'll be other comments about how to fix this.

piercezo

Hi!
Sure:
  1. Enter the BIOS, press F2 repeatedly direct after you turned on your notebook. If you have hotkey mode on, you may need to mash FN+F2
  2. Navigate to the page with Bios Backflash. Enable that.
  3. Save and Reset with F10
  4. Download and run the file linked above
  5. Flash the new bios
Be sure to use the correct BIOS File and check yout hardware against the ones listed in the Update.
That's all :)
I did that then downloaded it then this happened how do i get it now?
1656507904584.png