Now playing music for spotify / itunes / winamp on stream.

boxopen

Is there a way to make it go away? Say it displays the song for about 10 seconds when it starts playing then the text goes away? I am using OBS Multiplatform.

Kasuga

I'll try and see if i can get this to work. Probably some changes were made to spotify that broke snip.

Is there a way to make it go away? Say it displays the song for about 10 seconds when it starts playing then the text goes away? I am using OBS Multiplatform.
I have tried but sadly atm no. Changes need to be made to obs for that to work which im pretty sure they have thought of but have it very low priority on their todo list.

IRESPhoenix

Well I can't seem to get the .7z file to actually act like a zip file. On my end it's showing it as a PDF when it isn't a PDF. I have no clue how to change this which means I can't download and install snip. Anyone know how this can be done?

Keiling1401

On the current MP with the text scrolling you just get a giant wall of never ending text, is there a way to permanently make it so that there is a gap in there?

So instead of "21" - Hunter Hayes "21" - Hunter Hayes "21" - Hunter Hayes

I would get "21" - Hunter Hayes "21" - Hunter Hayes "21" - Hunter Hayes

or even be able to add text in there for like Now Playing: "21" - Hunter Hayes Now Playing: "21" - Hunter Hayes Now Playing: "21" - Hunter Hayes

noshvil

I ask you to add a feature that automatically changing the size of the artwork.
I founnd that when my iTunes play next song, and its artwork is bigger(or smaller) than that of previous song, Snip displays the artwork in too big(or in too small) on OBS
sorry for my poor english:(

Yummydogadobo

Hey I know this is a really old thread, but I'm running into some troubles with Snips and I couldnt find any threads that could help. I've got the overlay to work perfectly fine except the size changes depending on how long the name of the song is.

Ex.

Red Light // Tiesto
**which fits perfectly fine within a box i made for the music overlay**

vs

Forbidden Voices vs Runaway (U&I) (Martin Garrix Mashup) // Martin Garrix vs Galantis
**which has increased the size of the music overlay and is now sticking out of the box I made for the music overlay.

Some help would be much appreciated. :( If you need screenshots for better understanding of my problem just let me know.

Threshold93

Hey I know this is a really old thread, but I'm running into some troubles with Snips and I couldnt find any threads that could help. I've got the overlay to work perfectly fine except the size changes depending on how long the name of the song is.

Ex.

Red Light // Tiesto
**which fits perfectly fine within a box i made for the music overlay**

vs

Forbidden Voices vs Runaway (U&I) (Martin Garrix Mashup) // Martin Garrix vs Galantis
**which has increased the size of the music overlay and is now sticking out of the box I made for the music overlay.

Some help would be much appreciated. :( If you need screenshots for better understanding of my problem just let me know.

I was having the same issue today after finally getting it setup and working in OBS for me. Now I am having an issue where I will clip on my Snip file to start it and the application won't run. It'll attempt to start, but nothing happens. Someone help me! :(

sheadorama

everywhere keeps playing run the snip.exe file, but I don't have that when I downloaded v5.3.1. Any idea how to proceed?

Somebody suggested it was antivirus, so I disabled and unzipped again. No luck. Any advice would be great.

snip_zpsmonjtkci.png

Last edited:

rhage91

For some reason when my playlist ends OBS will no longer show the text, I check the SNIP.txt and see that SNIP is still writing to the file but OBS is no longer showing it. I have noticed that if I go to the filters on the source I can still see the text scrolling from the file, otherwise there will be a colored line stretching across where the text usually is, in the case of the colored line I have to remove and re-add the scroll filter to fix it, in the case the text is displaying on the filter UI and not the actual scene, I have not found a fix aside from restarting OBS entirely.

SahDood

Here's the error message I got along with my .net error

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Snip.Snip.TimerScanTitle_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.127.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Snip
Assembly Version: 1.6.5.0
Win32 Version: 1.6.5.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/william/Desktop/Snip/Snip.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.6.1075.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.6.1068.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

TzarOwens

Having a little issue with the length of song titles, working perfectly but I cannot contain the text in a text box of 'x' size. Any suggestions?

Jesse Maldonado

I am getting an error when I switch to iTunes. Never had the problem before till I got my new computer. Don't know why it is happening.

Attachments

• snip error.PNG
    snip error.PNG
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,125