Now playing music for spotify / itunes / winamp on stream.

MrBayeasy

You can use Foobar2000, honestly its just as good but just no Radio as far as I know. Not to mention you can import your local songs or music if you have it. If you want to do that with Spotify I'm pretty sure you need premium, and also there are no ads on Foobar either which is another thing you need to pay to get rid of with Spotify. I wouldn't even look at it as a downgrade to be honest as you can run royalty free music through Foobar and if you should ever need to monetize it for YouTube its good to go from the get go. Hope that helped.

Dopefish

Snip works with Spotify just fine and has for an incredibly long time. There was a very brief moment where Spotify no longer included the track information in the window title and that caused Snip to break. They added that information back in to Spotify shortly after and Snip has worked fine ever since. There is no reason to ever use an old version of Snip, especially when all of the newer versions support current releases of Spotify just fine. I use Snip daily and am on Spotify 1.0.14.124.g4dfabc51 (as of writing this post) and everything just works.

Bottom line: stop using a release from over a year ago and update to the latest version of Snip and Spotify.

jay420

I can't seem to get the program to "run", since you said that it technically doesn't need to run.
8GWG5EE.png

That's when I right click it. Am I missing something?

MrBayeasy

It runs in your system tray, if you click the little up arrow in the bottom right corner of your task bar you will see the snip logo as long as you have opened the program.

ciidiic

It runs in your system tray, if you click the little up arrow in the bottom right corner of your task bar you will see the snip logo as long as you have opened the program.

When I hover the mouse over the Snip icon on the system tray it shows the song playing on Spotify, but it doesn't generate a .txt file in the Snip folder for the track. Any ideas?

edit: spelling

Last edited:

MrBayeasy

When I hover the mouse over the Snip icon on the system tray it shows the song playing on Spotify, but it doesn't generate a .txt file in the Snip folder for the track. Any ideas?

edit: spelling
I had a problem where it wouldn't generate either and I found that restarting your system and then opening Snip while you have OBS up and searching for the file worked. If not just try closing the application and opening it at different stages of the process. Snip can be a bit finicky so try opening it before, during, or after OBS is open and looking for the .txt file from Snip. Hopefully that helps!

Khue

Having problem starting snip on windows 10 64 bit, got a .NET framework error, anyone having the same problem?

Kasuga

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: startIndex
   at System.String.LastIndexOf(Char value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count)
   at System.String.LastIndexOf(Char value, Int32 startIndex)
   at Winter.TextHandler.SetNotifyIconText(String text)
   at Winter.TextHandler.UpdateText(String text)
   at Winter.Winamp.Update()
   at Winter.Snip.TimerScanMediaPlayer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.127.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Snip
    Assembly Version: 5.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 5.1.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Kamijou/Documents/Open%20Broadcast%20Software/Snip/Snip.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.6.93.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Definetly crashing

xr1stosreborn

so i go to download and run through 7zip and i get "could not open the archive, may be damaged." Tried different versions on different pc's....still same message.... using windows 10 and windows 8...... any suggestions?

Wheeze201

The only missing feature that makes this program just ALMOST perfect for me is the fact that it doesn't update the information on offline tracks, only the tracks that are officially on spotify. Unfortunately half of my playlist is offline.

And by offline I mean mp3 files on my computer.

EightBit

I'm using Winamp and the tracks always say, "1. zircon - Augment" or something like that. How do I get rid of the number?

thghgv

This thing does not work on Spotify 1.0.20.94. First thought it may have been the 4.x.x version of snip so updated to this latest one. Still nada. Crashes with JSON error. Still works with VLC though. Anyone know of any alternatives to this for spotify at actually do work ???

Dopefish

The only missing feature that makes this program just ALMOST perfect for me is the fact that it doesn't update the information on offline tracks, only the tracks that are officially on spotify. Unfortunately half of my playlist is offline.

And by offline I mean mp3 files on my computer.

As far as my testing goes it updates Snip.txt still. It may not be able to find any album artwork or anything but it will still save the information to the text file.