Now playing music for spotify / itunes / winamp on stream.

d0dUxDJ

Hey dopefish thanks for the program, it works but it has some limitations. I might be using it wrong, if so please enlighten me. I've tried both Winamp and foobar2000, but apparently whatever I do to the settings doesn't change anything in OBS. Am I doing something wrong? I'd need to get that space in the front (so they don't become a single word artist + song title). Help please?

Zitruism

Hey guys, great job so far with this program, it really helped me out! :)
So I just downgraded to Spotify 0.9.10.22.xxxx and so far everything runs stable.
But nevertheless, Snip won't save the Spotify Artwork correctly. Snip is set up correctly ("Save Album Artwork") and the file Snip_Artwork is created. The file is completely empty and thus can't be displayed in OBS.
Does someone has any idea how to fix that?

Another problem: Snip recognizes the title as "Spotify - *Title* - *Artist*". Anyway to get "Spotify" out of there? :)

Hopefully someone can help me, I'd really like to use Snip's full potential on my stream soon.

Heyhowyadewin

Hello, I'm new to streaming and am trying to play spotify while streaming and display the name of the song. However, when I download Snip and try to open it with Spotify I get this error. " The document Snip-v5.0.5.7z could not be opened. Spotify cannot open files of this type. All the tutorials I've watched show a snip.exe file which I dont seem to have. Also all the videos are on Windows however Im on my Macbook Pro. Is snip compatible with macs?

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for any troubleshooting.

Last edited:

ZakkP

Ok so I've tried a billion different ways I cannot seem to get find the executable. I've tried unzipping the .7z file and get an empty folder, and when I try to use the extraction there isn't an exe. or a txt. file.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
You will want to check that your anti-virus is not stopping you from extracting. If that is not the case you could try another unpacking programming, 7-Zip or an up to date version of Winrar should work.
I just grabbed the 7z file from github and it worked fine.

Drakos_Erastia

So I just downgraded to Spotify 0.9.10.22.xxxx and so far everything runs stable.
But nevertheless, Snip won't save the Spotify Artwork correctly. Snip is set up correctly ("Save Album Artwork") and the file Snip_Artwork is created. The file is completely empty and thus can't be displayed in OBS.

Another problem: Snip recognizes the title as "Spotify - *Title* - *Artist*". Anyway to get "Spotify" out of there? :)

Hopefully someone can help me, I'd really like to use Snip's full potential on my stream soon.

I would like the "Spotify -" to be off of there as well. any way to get rid of it or fix?

Enoc Li

So I'm new to Snip and I'm trying to use it but whatever I do it doesn't seem to be showing anything on my OBS.
I have the most updated version of OBS, I fixed my itunes by redownloading everything.
But snip just doesn't seem to be showing up when I try to play any tracks.

Does anyone know if I did something wrong or if there is any way I can fix this.

Thanks, Enoc

orolfe

Hey Guys, not sure if it has been answered already. I have download and installed snip to go with spotify in OBS. However snip will not pick up the name of the track playing I am at a loss as to why this is as I have followed all instructions.

Thanks

mikaaah

Hey, I just downloaded Snip and I'm trying to use it with iTunes, but whenever I start Snip and try to switch from Spotify to iTunes (the program defaults to Spotify) I get a Framework error. Not sure if this has already been answered but here is the log:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Type System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetTypeFromCLSID(System.Guid)'.
at Winter.iTunes.Load()
at Winter.Snip.ToggleiTunes()
at Winter.Snip.PlayerSelectionCheck(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Snip
Assembly Version: 5.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 5.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/miinaa/Music/Snip/Snip.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.CSharp
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll
System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

Michael Murray

I have one very specific request, is it possible to add in an option to output to an html file? I'd like to incorporate it in a css animation for my stream.

Last edited:

LesIzmoor

It's worked fine with foobar since.... a long time ago.

Once Snip is running, right click on the Snip icon in your system tray, make sure there is a check mark beside "foobar 2000".

Edit: Foobar support added on Feb 6, 2014

Laope

i got the same problem with spotify 0.9.15.27.xxxxx

any news on this? (upgrade to latest spotify version is not a fix)

ninja edit: "fixed " both issues using snip 4.6.0

Last edited:
I previously used last.fm rss scrobbler and a powershell script I created to read the RSS information. Since the last.fm update to their site. It has broke the rss feeds. This has been a pleasant tool to work with and setup. Thank you so much for this! Works perfectly for me on Windows 10 x64!

ToriksLV

Snip doesnt work anymore with spotify, isnt there any other way besides downgrading? Why the person who made snip arent fixing this or its something with spotify itself.

Last edited: