Resource icon

Free Now Playing in Serato v1.4.0

e1miran

e1miran submitted a new resource:

Now Playing in Serato - A tool to retrieve the current playing song in Serato for display in OBS

Now Playing is a tool written in Python to retrieve the current/last played song in Serato DJ. It uses the Serato Live Playlists functionality and scrapes the data from the user's Live page on the Serato website. The data is written to a plain text file which can read an used by OBS Studio.

Initial release supports MacOS only, but a Windows release is being developed.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

e1miran

e1miran updated Now Playing in Serato with a new update entry:

Now Playing in Serato

Now with support for Windows
  • Added support for Windows.
  • Added additional error handling for missing config file and invalid config values.
  • Replaced rumps library with PyQt5, since rumps was not cross-platform compatible.
  • Added ability to stop and start the playlist polling from the system tray / menu bar.
  • Changed from app name to icon in macOS menu bar, for uniformity with Windows.
Now Playing is a tool written in Python to retrieve the current/last...

Read the rest of this update entry...

e1miran

Now Playing in Serato v1.2.0

• Added UI for settings configuration. No more user accessible config.ini file.
  • Added ability to delay writing newly retrieved track info to the text file.
  • Changed Start/Stop to Pause/Resume in the system tray menu. This allows the user to suspend writing of new track info.
  • Added ability to show system notification when new track is detected. This can be turned on/off in settings. Default is 'off'.
  • Code enhancements due to new functionality.

e1miran

Now Playing in Serato v1.3.0

• Added ability to read latest track info from Serato library history log. User now can choose between local or remote (Serato Live Playlists) polling methods.
  • Fix for issue where app would not launch on Windows due to not being able to create config.ini.
  • Changed polling method for increased efficiency.
  • Other enhancements due to new code and functionality.

e1miran

jpthehattah

Great thing :D But I would be taken to heaven if you could do something like this for rekordbox <3 I could even buy it
I'd take you up on that deal except My Controller the sb3 doesn't work with it ... I"m about to use this as a guide for virtual dj howeve and definitely thank @e1miran for this one

Isotonik

Hey There, Are there any troubleshooting guides to getting this up and running?
I have my Serato Live Playlist publishing correctly but there doesn't seem to be anything being written to my chosen file?
I created it in the Mac's TextEdit application and then saved it as a .txt file removing the .rtf file type, was there something else i should've done?

Or maybe there's a log file for the application that will show me any errors i've made??

Cheers
D

robcrouch

For me the application launched but shows as not responding in the activity monitor on Mac. does it actually work with Big Sur?

blknightprod

Hi,
Just found this today. I am using the remote option of the program since my Serato sits on a different PC from the one I run OBS. I am pointing to my Serato playlist which I have verified is populating but I do not see the txt file populate so when I add the txt file to the scene I get nothing. Any thoughts? Thanks

Attachments

• Now_Playing.png
    Now_Playing.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 69

djserqet

I use a similar program. Is your playlist set to public? This could be the reason the txt file isn’t populating.
Good luck!

Zoop

What am I doing wrong, the _serato_ files are with my music on a 2nd internal SSD (D)
and I see the app in the systemtray
Thanks!

Schermafbeelding Now Playing 2022-03-13 121044.jpg